Hello

Guest Autumn days

Guest Autumn days

Hi there!

I have been lurking for a while but have so many questions now that I thought I would come out into the open!! I'll post them separately.

I have a daughter in year 10 who is very keen to audition for 6th form places next year. She has had some success with previous auditions, associates etc but has never taken the plunge. She has a good local teacher and is somehow keeping up the dance hours! I'm hoping to "meet" some people here who are going through the same thing as well as gain wisdom from those that are doing so already or have done so recently.

• Like 3

I feel for you both, JustBallet and Muminaspin . My drama daughter juggled four sorts of dance, singing, drama,three shows, a ballet exam, a senior LAMDA exam, a drama school audition, three university interviews and kept up her school work in case she needed yo go to university (she did). I don't know how she didn't have a nervous breakdown, followed by my own from driving her everywhere and worrying about it all! :)

• Like 4

I'm sure your rules are different as far as schooling goes, but we find homeschooling a great option. It takes much of the stress out of juggling academics as well as dance. My dd is 15 and started properly at full time vocational school this year. Last year she did about 15hrs week excluding rehearsals and extras like performances.

We homeschool using international resources, so if anyone is after help in that department, I'm happy to share what we've found.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum Mum in a Spin - my daughter is also year 10 non vocational - I feel your pain!!! I find people on this forum to be So helpful,knowledgable and generous with their sharing - we will look at a mix of schools both UK and overseas,we are watching the threads and keeping our fingers crossed for all those with finals approaching - hoping it will be us next year ;)  

• Like 2

Guest Autumn days

Hi

Thanks for all your welcoming words! Looks like there are plenty of us out there in the same position - not sure if that is a good or a bad thing  ;)