Paris Opera Ballet has announced its 2013-14 season

Details can be found on their website:

http://www.operadeparis.fr/saison_2013_2014/Ballets/

I am rather surprised to see Agnes de Mille's Fall River Legend revived. I saw this ballet about LIzzie Borden, who famously whacked her parents with an axe, quite a bit when performed by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet in the 70s (I was only 10!) but am not aware of it being performed much anywhere since then

Fall River Legend is, I think, a WONDERFUL ballet.  Quite the BEST performance I EVER saw Guillem give I think (amongst the many that I saw in Paris, London and New York) was in this ballet at the Met with ABT.  It could have been made for her and she was SUPREME.  I can well see why the Parisians would want it ... and they will, I'm absolutely sure, love it.  Also to pair it with a balletic version of Miss Julie is an inspired idea.  Surely this kind of dramatic fare - given the British lust for such - might well be a programme commercially strong enough to share in the UK.  (It has been a long time since they last officially visited these shores as a company has it not?) .... Or is it that Paris is too close to London with train fares to the French capital being sometimes cheaper than those to Leeds?  I suspect - given their successful outing at the Koch Theatre last summer and the advent of their new director - that they will be making more regular visits to NYC. 

Edited by Meunier

Birmingham Royal Ballet used to dance it. I remember they brought it to ROH years ago with Marion Tait and Joseph Cipolla among the cast and it made a very strong impression on me which I've never forgotten & would love to see it again. BRB danced it with Serenade and possibly MacMillan's Elite Syncopations on the triple bill, but for me Fall River was the revelation of the night as it was one of those ballets that makes you realise the possibilities of the art form.

• Like 1

This is going to be a "sad" year. 3 Etoiles are retiring. According to Pink Lady in the following order: Agnese Letestu with La Dame aux camélias, Isabelle Ciaravola with Onegin (I might actually make the trip home for this one) and Nicolas Le Riche with a special evening at the end of the season. 

Here's the list:

La Dame aux Camélias

John Neumeier

du 21 Septembre au 10 Octobre 2013

Palais Garnier

Teshigawara / Brown / Kylián

du 31 Octobre au 14 Novembre 2013

Palais Garnier

La Belle au Bois Dormant

Rudolf Noureev

du 04 Décembre 2013 au 04 Janvier 2014

Opéra Bastille