MOVE IT 8-10 March 2013

Pasdebourree15

Yes, I’m going and taking a couple of friends, one is a Salsa dancer the other is Ballet, needless to say I do both. I’m meeting up with a couple of other ballet girls too. Not sure how many are coming from this forum though. I assume you know that “JUST BALLET” has a stand there. I’m going on the 10th, at least you know who I am from my picture, I will have a name badge too.

• Like 4

I have been twice with elder DD and once with younger DD and taking younger DD again this year.  Each time we go for one day only.  My DDs have never chosen to take any classes there but many of their friends have and have enjoyed them.  Apart from actually dancing yourself there is at least one stage with mini shows going on all day.  These feature showcases from many of the dance schools aswell as performers from Strictly Come Dancing and shows like Got to Dance(?).  We say finalists from So You Think You can Dance last time we went as it was a few years ago.  Additonally there are lots of exhibitors stalls to visit.  These can be for shopping and some do have special offers on their products.  We found Moveit most valuable however for collecting information on training options for DD as we were able to collect prospectuses and talk to people from some dance colleges for post 16 training that we did not know of.

• Like 1

It is particularly useful for gathering information and doing as many classes as you can.  It is best to book these before going to make sure you have a reservation and it is also cheaper than on the day.  Some classes are already sold out. Whilst attending Move It there is also Perform, a much smaller event for aspiring actors. I took a group from college last year and am doing teh same but staying longer this year so they can attend every class possible!

• Like 1

I'm taking my DD and her friend on Saturday 9th. They went last year with their CAT scheme but unfortunately that's not happening this year. They're not doing any classes but are looking forward to the performances ( think Wayne Mcgregor is there on the Saturday). I agree that it is brilliant for the exhibition stands and I for one am looking forward to seeking out Justballet. No doubt it will cost me!!! :-D

• Like 3

Move it is great, especially if like me, you go through the dance world with blinkers on. I've only ever taken ballet class, but when I took DD up a few years ago I found myself in a Bollywood class and loved it!!

Plenty to see and do, get there early if you can to make sure you get value for entrance ticket and packed lunch to keep costs down!

Look forward to meeting balletco members at our stand 451, near Bloch, maybe we need a ballet co secret handshake or badge? Michelle will have her badge - i'll have a "big just" ballet tshirt on, but how do we recognise the rest of you?! :D

• Like 2

I am taking my DD for the weekend.  Can't manage the Friday off work unfortunately or we would be going for all three days.  My DD's teacher takes a small number of students each year and they always come back with new skills and great ideas for improving.  My DD is taking 7 classes throughout the weekend, ranging from classical ballet to lyrical hip hop.  It's always worth broadening your horizons, and quite cheap for the classes and the experience.

Just ballet - I will definitely be stopping by your stall to say hi and pick up some lovely goodies for my little ballerina!!

We will be carrying as much stock as we can at moveit and offer free posting for any items we don't have with us!

As this is our first exhibition it's hard to know quite what people will want, so if anybody has any specific requests do inbox me and we'll do our best to bring those items with us!

Already had a request for size 12 Griskos in Extra wide! Not our usual size of ballet shoe! Sx

Can't go this year - between Crufts, visiting my sick mother and work, there's no time for anything else. My daughter did one of the demo dances as a JA in one of the first ones about 8 years ago - it's changed a lot since then!

I've gone several times RRR as a "browser" and just enjoyed meandering and soaking up the atmosphere :)

KQ did you buy online? I would have thought you could get an email ticket but if you want me to check for you inbox me your booking ref and I'll speak to them.

Fiz I will certainly take photos, my mother has instructed me to do so! Our printer has been "let down" by vinyl supplier and we're not taking delivery of sign, posters and leaflets until tomorrow - a bit too tight for my liking!! I'm sure it will be all right on the night ;)

Edited by Just Ballet
  • Like 3

Sorry I've not been around to help - been setting up our stand - wrestling tutus onto the wall when we are only allowed to use adhesive pads, so I may end up under them all!

Tickets can be purchased at the door £17 adults £13 children.

We look forward to meeting forum members :)

Sx

• Like 3

Lovely to meet you too Michelle and all the other Balletco members who popped in to say hello :) We really appreciated your support!

I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time with you all, would have loved to had a cup of tea and natter, but the stand was swamped from dawn til dusk!

Great weekend though and some fantastic new business ideas and contacts made - new items coming to JB soon and some serious re-stocking needed on Monday!

Hoping Darcy's signed the ballet bag we passed to her as we're hoping to auction it off to outer local children's hospice when our shop opens :)

Sxxx

• Like 3