Learning the piano

taxi4ballet

Me too, Discouraged- since Christmas I have learnt a simplified version of Fur Elise, the Swan Lake theme tune & Waltz of the Flowers using Youtube videos made through a program called Synthesia; if you search the name of the song you would like to learn, it comes up with various different tutorials.

Thanks for your suggestions everybody - dd is finally showing a mild and casual interest in learning to play something at long last. We have been waiting years for her to decide for herself that she would like to have a go... Bit frustrating for hubby, as he is seriously musical and actually teaches another instrument!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just been rummaging (sp) in my piano stool and found only the cover of  Michael Aaron Adult Piano Course (Belwin-Mills Music) which I must have learnt from at the start and then also Hours with the Masters (Boswoth).  I failed my Grade 3 and gave up as my piano teacher kept making my lesson later and later in the day and I felt that as I was pregnant with DD and getting home at 10.00pm it was just too much. 

So having found the music books, I thought yesterday that perhaps I should stretch my fingers over the keys.  I looked at the music, then at the keys, back at the music , back at the keys and I just couldn't make head nor tail of it all.  It was definitely a piece I'd played before as there was writihng all over it from my ex-piano teacher.  I just couldn't reconcile anything.  I think I may need to take lessons again!

• Like 2