Central Associate School

charlie11

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My child was a Central Associate and did leave early. In fact, she begged to leave for ages before I agreed - I really didn't want her to leave, but there's no arguing with a young teenager, and what was the point in paying for something she didn't want to do? She liked the contemporary but hated the ballet, and this is a child that lives and sleeps ballet and goes to every ballet class she can manage. I have to say, though, that the teaching all seemed very good, to my untutored eyes, and they definitely did pointe work every week.

• 1 month later...

DD is auditioning for Central Associates in May and reading back on this I see there is a mixed bag of comments on the scheme!  I'd be grateful of any insight into the auditions, and/or how selective it is perceived to be ?  Most associates seem pretty selective with high volume of applications and few places... and wondered if anyone knows if this is the case with Central Associates?  I have picked up lots of positive comments about the Central post-16 training so was hoping this would be reflected in the associates.

Many thanks

Can't comment on the younger groups nowadays because it's been several years since my dd auditioned, but I do know that in the top two classes, and particularly the top class, the standard is very high and they get a lot of applications for only a few places. The 3rd year assessment to see if you progress to the top group is very stringent. Sometimes girls are asked to repeat a year.

In my humble opinion, teaching is very strict but excellent.

• Like 3

My dd auditioned last year. She wasn't successful and they did say that there was a high volume of applications for a limited number of places. Nothing new there! She loved the audition though, finding the atmosphere very encouraging and warm. She is keen to try a dance day with a view to trying again sometime.

• Like 2

I've had pupils in the oldest group there, Pre Seniors. It is very competitive to get in with lots of candidates at the auditions. Teaching is excellent, and as a bonus the oldest group also have a dance in Central's show each July, usually choreographed by one of the students from the Senior School

• Like 2

My child was a Central Associate and did leave early. In fact, she begged to leave for ages before I agreed - I really didn't want her to leave, but there's no arguing with a young teenager, and what was the point in paying for something she didn't want to do? She liked the contemporary but hated the ballet, and this is a child that lives and sleeps ballet and goes to every ballet class she can manage. I have to say, though, that the teaching all seemed very good, to my untutored eyes, and they definitely did pointe work every week.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I've been away from reading the forum for a while, (work :( ) and have had withdrawal symptoms (not good!) but come back to read fantastic news.

Well done taxi4ballet!

I've been told it was very hard to get a place, particularly when starting further up than at the beginning, (uh? does that make sense?). Looks like your Saturdays are now sorted :)! 

Perhaps we'll bump into you sometime as dd been attending some of the drop-in RAD classes.

And a big well done to everyone else and fingers crossed to those still waiting!

• Like 1