Stanislavsky at ENO in summer 2013?

I found the complete ballet on YouTube, with Roland Petit himself as Copernicus and Altynai Asylmuratova as Swanilda. Not posting the link here to avoid infringing any rules, but it should be easy to track down.

An interesting touch I noticed was that Franz seems to be openly flirting with Coppelia right under Swanilda's nose, so to speak, instead of behind her back as in other productions I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, just booked a dress circle ticket for the 11th with the code. Since I already had a ticket for the 12th I'll be seeing it two nights in a row, but I guess I'll just have to cope with that...

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.stanmus.com/people.html?grp=3

I'm sorry to see Chernobrovkina listed as a coach rather than a dancer as she was very special. The only two I'm certain I've seen before are Georgi Smilevsky and Viktor Dik, both quite mature now I imagine.

I note Andrei Uvarov is now a coach with the company too after the disgraceful way he was treated at the Bolshoi.

• Like 1

Anna Ol and Anastasia Pershenkova are simply wonderful in Mayerling - as Mary Vetsera and Countess Larische respectively.

Yana Serebriakova, now a coach, was with the Mariinsky and is, I believe, Igor Zelensky's wife.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 2

Hi Aileen,

I have seen Natalia Ledovskaya, Natalia Krapivina, Georgi Smilevsky, Mikhail Pukhov in Nottingham and in Cardiff in August 2007 when some of Bolshoi, Mariinsky and Stanislavsky dancers toured in UK for Charity Gala.

Ledovskaya was sublime as Giselle.

Natalia Krapivina (daughter of Mikhail Krapivin & Galina Krapivina both well known dancers in Russia in the past and now repetiteurs of the company) & Georgi Smilevsky were superb dancing Grand pas Classique.

• Like 1

Stanislavsky came to Japan in 2009, that time Sergei Filin was the AD.  Their Esmeralda was very dramatic and stunning, above all Ledovskaya was such an actress and also brilliant in her technique. Semyon Chudin was also good but now he is with the Bolshoi. Also saw Georgi Smilevsky and Natalia Somova in Swan Lake and they too were wonderful, I thought the quality of the company is very high.

I haven't seen Stanislavsky dancing Petit's Coppelia, but this Coppelia is also in the repertoire of National Ballet of Japan and I was lucky to see brilliant dancers such as Leonid Sarafanov, Tamara Rojo, Jose Carreno and Lucia Lacarra guest in this. A very sophisticated and charming, lovely version and I am sure the London audience will like it. But no soloists other than the leading couple and Coppelius. 

• Like 1

On the Opening Gala Peformance in Tokyo in 2009, Fumi Kaneko (The Artist of the Royal Ballet at Present / The Silver Medal Winner of the 11th Moscow International Ballet Competition) performed Grand pas Classique.with Georgi Smilevsky. Fumi was only 17 years old at the time!

Amazingly, I've just received an e-mail from the Coliseum advertising Coppelia. I don't think that I've ever received an e-mail from the Coliseum advertising (visiting) ballet productions before. Has there been some change of policy, I wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great tweets coming through that opening night of Coppelia this evening was an amazing performance by Sergei Polunin, hopefully someone will post soon on the Performances Seen section. I'm travelling to London for Saturday matinee, starting to get very excited about this one.......

There seem to be plenty of tickets still available btw.

Edited by nottsballetlover