editing postings

Margaret

I have just written a posting about the Ashton mixed bill and had to edit it to get the layout correct. I noticed later that there was an error, but the system will not let me edit it now. Not sure what is wrong. The layout problem I had is/was apparent here - having used the enter key to start a new paragraph, this is not reflected in the final posting! Having previewed it to check and it now seems OK!

Margaret

Thank you Ian - I did not realise that - perhaps you can edit my post which should have read M&A - and inserting amp when I tried to edit out some spaces!

The layout - I added paragraph markers to separate text but these did not appear in the post and when I edited to add them - I ended up with two line spaces between paragraphs - editing again brought it back correctly. Stil a bit puzzled.

Thanks for your speedy help

Margaret

Margaret: With your permission, the 'M&A' has been tidied-up.  There are a number of features in the Forum software that we don't fully understand, with some still appearing after a year's experience, sometimes due to a software update.  (Indeed we're having to use a workaround to finish the Today's Links postings thanks to an inadvertent bug introduced in the last update .... that they have promised to fix next time!)  At any rate, I'm not clear about your 'paragraph marker' reference - personally, I just use two Return Key strokes .....

.... as here.

Well, for the last week or so I've been finding that the first time I try to edit a post nothing happens - it's as if the whole message is completely "dead".  I have to go back out and into the message again before I can edit.  Used not to happen - it does now.  I think it may also be linked to the different treatment of quotes.

• 11 months later...

Well, for the last week or so I've been finding that the first time I try to edit a post nothing happens - it's as if the whole message is completely "dead".  I have to go back out and into the message again before I can edit.  Used not to happen - it does now.  I think it may also be linked to the different treatment of quotes.

I have since discovered that I can still edit provided I select the "Full Text Editor" button.

• 11 months later...

Well, for the last week or so I've been finding that the first time I try to edit a post nothing happens - it's as if the whole message is completely "dead".  I have to go back out and into the message again before I can edit.  Used not to happen - it does now.

And now it doesn't, again. No idea what may have changed - although I don't think it's my browser.