Missing ballet through illness

charlie4dancin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C4D,I`m so so sorry to hear this. How much more can you all take? But my goodness she sounds so strong and resilient. I don`t know if I would have been as tough as your daughter has been. That inner resilience will stand her in good stead for the rest of her life,so probably whatever task she turns to ,i can imagine her sheer determination will allow her to succeed. Virtual hugs to you both.

• Like 2

I am so sorry to hear your news, charlie4dancin. Is there any possibility that your DD can recover in time for at least one or two of her exams (3 in one month! Wow, that's some going in itself!) - if vocational, could the date be put back within the examining session or a later session considered? She is clearly such a positive, determined girl that I am sure that she will succeed in whatever she chooses to do. Sending you both hugs (and prescribing chocolate!) x

• Like 4

I am so sorry to hear your news, charlie4dancin. Is there any possibility that your DD can recover in time for at least one or two of her exams (3 in one month! Wow, that's some going in itself!) - if vocational, could the date be put back within the examining session or a later session considered? She is clearly such a positive, determined girl that I am sure that she will succeed in whatever she chooses to do. Sending you both hugs (and prescribing chocolate!) x

No they are graded ballet, modern and tap all in march and she needs 2/3 months rest already 3 weeks in... ;) vocational exam hopefully in July ;).

Thanks for the hugs and chocolate my fav!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well dd has turned 13 today ;)

she is feeling good and off the meds and seems to have recovered well from recent injury... After nearly 2 uncertain years she is looking forward and thinking positively about what she wants and needs to do to achieve her long term goals at 16/17/18 who knows?!? For me I just want her happy and more importantly healthy!!!

For all the lovely ladies who offered and sent dd crafty/creative projects we have bought her a sewing machine for her birthday as she loves textiles and she dreams of making her own tutu ONE DAY haha!!

• Like 18

That is fab news- you and dd deserve a happy and injury/illness free decade or two. All the best for the future. My dc is currently recovering from a stress fracture which hopefully is a relatively short recovery period (fingers crossed. ) How you have got through what you've been through I do not know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well we didn't see that one coming... Dd was given a "spotting card" through a dance workshop and has been offered CAT ATP @ Dance City!!! Very proud of her determination to keep dancing ;) not sure what's going to happen but she seems to really enjoy the contemporary/creative side of dancing... Just goes to show you never know what's round the corner!!!! ;) ;)

• Like 20

That's great news. My daughter does a CAT program in ballet and contemporary and she loves every minute. It's a great way of getting vocational training whilst staying at home and they get so many opportunities and chances to perform. She will love it. X I believe in everything happens for a reason. X

• Like 2