Missing ballet through illness

charlie4dancin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,and especially Charlie. I wasn`t for one moment suggesting I knew what the medical problem was with Charlie`s daughter. I`ve no idea and it`s none of my business. It`s just that I saw an article a few months back and there were similarities with the problems faced by this circus performer and Charlie`s daughter [i.e. they were both performers and needed to use crutches]. I simply thought the article may be of some comfort or help or hope to Charlie and her daughter. I decided not to send it to her privately as i thought it would be an interesting article for others to read too. Lisa.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Morning and happy new year everyone...

Thought I would share with everyone that dd has responded to meds after a month and she is now walking much better again ;) I honestly think positive metal attitude does help she has refused to let it consume her this time and although she felt unwell and had very little balance she refused to miss any school last term and achieved 100% attendance at school first time in years of being unwell. Her focus is getting stronger and being able to manage symptoms in the spring and hopefully get ready to take both her grade 6 and intermediate exam this year... Who knows?

I just want to see my little girl happy and healthy ;)

Cx

Edited by charlie4dancin
  • Like 15

• 1 month later...

Oh man... Back down again 3 exams next month and she has picked up an Achilles injury now :( absolutely gutted for her she was fighting back her illness on the meds and starting to really get her passion back and it's crashed down again!!! So that's both of us on crutches as I have a broken foot too... It never rains but it POURS :(

What to do next?

Cxxx

Thanks balletcoers... It's only just bearable watching the heartbreak and disappointment she's occurred over the past 2 years. I've personally have had enough I feel like walking away now to try and protect her from it all but that's not her choice... She still wants to keep going and can see past the injury, pain, illness and disappointment... Gutsy?!?!

• Like 5

Hi C4D, I can understand why you feel like that. Sometimes our dc surprise us by the motivation and determination they have. My Dc has had a bad time recently and their motivation is up again before mine and pulling me on. Try to take inspiration trom her. She sounds amazing......

Has she tried knitting? Tapestry? It must be so hard...

Love to you all