charlie4dancin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Well here we are again :(

Dd is unable to dance almost a year since she was ill the last time... Suppose we are in a better place this time as in we know what we are dealing with and hopefully she will respond to the meds quickly and doesn't miss 6 months of dancing and school again!!! Trying to keep her positive and she is determined that it won't beat her spirit :) missing her musical theatre exam on Sunday and she her grade 6 ballet in the spring followed by her intermediate in the summer... Let's hope she recovers quickly.

Roll on the spring and better weather.

Cxx

Charlie,I read this online a while ago and found it very interesting. It is an article about a circus performer who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and her struggles to lead a "normal" life,and continue performing. It is very uplifting,and there are links to her performances [she`s from Ireland] on You Tube,where she performs with a Hat and Cane [and uses the walking stick she once so badly needed in her routine.!] and she also Juggles. Thought you and your daughter might appreciate reading about her,if you don`t know of her already. Her You Tube page is called SuRenegade Cabaret  and the link to the article is www.nras.org.uk/about_rheumatoid_arthritis/living_with_rheumatoid_arthritis/case_studies/female/what/_ra_has_taught_me.aspx.   It`s a very interesting read,then watching the YT clips of her as well is just fantastic. Hope you and your daughter find it of some use,help or comfort. Lisa.

• Like 1

Charlie,I read this online a while ago and found it very interesting. It is an article about a circus performer who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and her struggles to lead a "normal" life,and continue performing. It is very uplifting,and there are links to her performances [she`s from Ireland] on You Tube,where she performs with a Hat and Cane [and uses the walking stick she once so badly needed in her routine.!] and she also Juggles. Thought you and your daughter might appreciate reading about her,if you don`t know of her already. Her You Tube page is called SuRenegade Cabaret  and the link to the article is www.nras.org.uk/about_rheumatoid_arthritis/living_with_rheumatoid_arthritis/case_studies/female/what/_ra_has_taught_me.aspx.   It`s a very interesting read,then watching the YT clips of her as well is just fantastic. Hope you and your daughter find it of some use,help or comfort. Lisa.

I couldn't get the link to work.Here is anotherl

And here is a link to her Youtube channel

And I would add my best wishes for your daughter's speedy recovery.

Thanks ladies I will have a look ;)

Yes we wish the holidays would come a bit sooner so we can all relax together...

Cxx

• Like 3

Sorry to hear your daughter not well again. I hope she makes a speedy recovery, (a virtual hug sent through the internet).

Janet is right, your daughter is super talented. Hopefully she will be trying to find the time to fit both her art and dancing very soon.

• Like 1