Missing ballet through illness

charlie4dancin

So pleased she is on the mend and so glad she has something positive to look forward to . Before dd went off to Hammond a young boy said to her

"Reach for the moon, because even if you miss you will land amongst the stars"

I thought this was lovely, and have to keep reminding her of this, just lately.

I'm just so glad you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong it will all come good in the end

Hugs to you both xx????

• Like 1

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Jack Widdowson's name, mentioned in earlier posts, will ring a bell with many here.  He is back with Bern:Ballett and should be dancing with them in Cathy Marston's Witch Hunt at the Linbury Studio in the ROH, from Wednesday to Saturday of this week.  And if i'm not mistaken, that's him off to the left in the picture here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2013/may/18/this-weeks-new-dance

• Like 7

Jack Widdowson's name, mentioned in earlier posts, will ring a bell with many here.  He is back with Bern:Ballett and should be dancing with them in Cathy Marston's Witch Hunt at the Linbury Studio in the ROH, from Wednesday to Saturday of this week.  And if i'm not mistaken, that's him off to the left in the picture here:

Yes that's him alright!  An inspirational young man.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info ;)

C4D

Thanks everyone... :)

As always we are blown away by the amazing support we have been shown by lovely caring people from all over the world here on Ballet Co!!!

Long may it continue to expand, educate, inform and excite dancers, parents and friends alike!!

Cxxx

• Like 7

Happy to hear that your sweet dd is continuing to improve C4D. Every dancing step she takes will be such joy for her, and you. Thanks for letting us know, and reminding us never to take our health for granted. Xxxx

• Like 4

Thanks Huddsballetmum that's very kind she's back to school full time now and managing more and more dancing every week ;) very proud of her!!

Cx

That's fab news. I am so pleased for both of you.  If must have been so hard not to be able to dance :)

Thanks folks...

She received a yes for Elmhurst junior summer school this week so is working hard to get herself fit and ready for that ;) fingers crossed her good health continues...

Cx

Congratulations on dd's yes and wishing her a full recovery.

Ax 

Charlie4dancing your daughter sound so inspirational in her determination to get back to her beloved dancing. I don't actually know what her illness was but it was clearly very serious. All the best of luck for her future.

• 1 month later...

Feeling very blessed and looking back we never thought she would get to this point again... dd is dancing in her dance school show tomorrow and is feeling on top of the world!!! We are so proud of her and keep reminding her to look forward to the future whatever that may be... Tissues at the ready I'm feeling very emotional and can't wait to see her dancing tomorrow ;) big thank you to everyone who has helped and the continued support from her amazing dance teacher!!! We try to remember to always...

"Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes,

Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses,

Relax and let life come to YOU and don't try to forces ANYTHING!!!"

:) :) :) :)

Best wishes

Cx

• Like 27

Have you thought of constructing a picture either on a pin board or card which is a collage of inspiring things. It can include pictures, words, poems, statements, things cut out of magazines etc. The purpose is to use this to create her dream for the future. It can include what is important to her, things that make her happy, inspiring pictures, poems, funny items etc. this is something that can be framed or changed and added to as time passes. I have one at home and it definitely helps by making me think about what is important in life.

All the best

• Like 1