London Festival Ballet Tutu Help

Hello,I wonder if anyone on this forum can help me? I bought a lovely tutu off Ebay a while back that belonged to London Festival Ballet. The previous owner bought it herself off someone else,so didn`t know anything about it. I managed to make out the name inside the costume which was Devine. After searching Google,I discovered there was a dancer at LFB called Jane Devine who was a soloist in the mid eighties. I tracked her down to a ballet school where she now teaches [can`t remember if it`s Australia or South Africa] and emailed them,sending photos of the attached costume,but sadly,they never replied. I sent them the same email again a few months later,and the same thing. Perhaps my email was sent into their spam folder,I don`t know. I have now posted a You Tube video,called London Festival Ballet Tutu Help. It was only added yesterday,and only has 8 views so far. However,I`m hoping that somebody out there will be able to identify the ballet this tutu belonged to,and perhaps,even the role danced. If people reading this would care to take the time to look at my video on You Tube,and perhaps someone out there will be able to identify which ballet the costume belonged to, that would be great. It has me stumped!!   Many thanks,Lisa.

• Like 1

TQ, I would repost this in the "Performances seen and general discussions" section of the forum. There are people who have been watching ENB/LFB for a long time and may know something about Ms Devine. Lucky (clever) you to have such a pretty tutu.

• Like 1

Will this help?:

Edited to add: Once you have the Reply toolbar icons showing, you'll find one slightly left of centre with  a chainlink and a small plus sign.  (Hover over it and 'Link' should appear.)  You need to press that icon symbol, when a small window will appear, containing a space into which your copied URL should be pasted, followed by pressing 'OK.'  Your Link should then appear in the Reply space in blue and, if it does, go ahead and 'Post' and that should be that.

• Like 1

Very interesting post!  I remember Jane Devine very well.  She now teaches in Australia and is a friend of several friends of mine so I will see if any of them remembers the tutu.  It does look familiar but I couldn't say for certain which ballet it is from.  If I can find out anything for you, I will post.

• Like 2

I've heard back from my friend in Australia who contacted Jane Devine.  They both think the tutu is from "Verdi Variations" which was a one-act divertissement by Andre Prokovsky.  I only saw the piece a few times but it was a purely classical work danced to ballet music from Verdi's operas.  Hope this information helps. :)

• Like 4

Thank you so,so much,Irmgard.!! I contacted Jane Devine on her Facebook page last week,but maybe she never checks her messages. Gosh,never heard of "Verdi Variations". Must have a look for an old theatre programme of it. Thank you so much,once again.

Glad to be of help.  I've rummaged through my old programmes but sadly, because I had so many, I threw a lot of them away and only kept the cast lists.  Looks like I saw Verdi Variations in 1981 and 1982 and I don't think it was kept in the repertoire after that. With regard to Facebook, if you are not a signed-up 'friend' of the person, sometimes your message can be relegated to the file marked 'other' and not everyone knows to check that for random messages.  Anyway, Jane was pleased to answer your question via my friend.

• Like 1