benefits of easter and summer schools

smallbythesea

I think huge benefits. They take you away from your normal class so put you in a completely different enviroment. You learn from new teachers which I always think is good.

But obviously it needs to be good teaching and it is essential your son or daughter ends up in the right group. this isn't normally an issue with girls but due to smaller numbers boys can sometimes get shoved wherever suits.

For children like my dd who isn't at Vocational School, it's a chance to learn from different teachers, improve their technique and/or performance skills, and - really importantly for my dd - keep dancing during the holidays as she's really grumpy if she can't take class!

• Like 1

Depending on what your DKs age and ambitions this may or may not be relevant but we saw Easter and Summer schools as a chance for DS (who was coming 'late to the party' as it were) to evaluate whether he really would consider a career in ballet or even attending a vocational school- I think it's hard for children who have been doing one or 2 lessons a week after school to really get a sense of what it's like to live and breathe ballet all day every day and to work so consistently over longer periods. Long holiday courses do give a flavour of this... (although of course you have to beware of them then thinking vocational school is one big dance plus fun extravaganza- it's easy to forget the added pressure of academics!).

• Like 1