Elmhurst Summer School 2013

Pasdebourree15

You could try gel spray but there are pump hairsprays on the market but not many. We haven't heard yet but I bet the list is quite simple for the young ones. We heard from the cechetti school two months prior to the Ss this year. It is a comprehensive booklet so we feel well prepared for anything now!

• Like 1

They state you're not allowed to bring aerosol with you. What about hairspray? I don't know of any hairspray brand not being an aerosol! Any idea or experience?

V05 do one, in a blue bottle - mega hold gel spray.

It is probably to do with the fire alarms - we had to evacuate a theatre mid-performance once, because the fire alarms went off, and the fire brigade said it was probably hairspray that triggered them! 

DD reported that when she was at Dance Forward Easter schools in Dulwich a few years ago (5 days residential) they had to evacuate at about 1 a.m. in the morning and stand around freezing in their pyjamas, because the boys were mucking about with aerosols and triggered the alarms!

• Like 2

Pointytoes, my daughter went last year and got caught out not taking jazz pants - I guess I should have thought!!! I asked her if there was anything else not on the list that she thought was essential ...... SWEETS! She is not a sweet eater but in the evening she sat in the common room watching DVD's etc - shared sweets were a much needed sugar treat after a hard day!!!! They needed a "tracksuit" to get from the accom block to the studios and to pop on at meal times. She wore cropped leggings and a t-shirt as we did have a bit of a summer last year!

• Like 1

Ah, OK. I had an email from Elmhurst saying that Places are very limited with applications arriving daily.  They cannot guarantee a place but a waiting list will be created for those interested, again with no guarantees of a place.

Should I still try do you think?

Pointytoes - in the evening after a shower, she popped on some shorts and t-shirt as the accom block was quite hot. Last year they had a slumber party (pj's) on the first night so they got to meet everyone informally. There was also a "disco" later in the week which was relaxed clothes (not dressy!) and they watched a BRB workshop in the school theatre one evening so wore non-dance clothes. It was all casual clothes. Please feel free to ask any more questions as my daughter is happy to help - she is going again this year and can't wait! :)

I think it will be buns, pas de chat, but I know there will be lots of girls there who have had to do their own at voc school for at least the past year and I'm sure they will help anyone who needs it. It's surprising how quickly they become proficient at it too!

• Like 3

Pointy toes - my dd will be taking two pairs as she gets through pointe shoes and it would be a pain to have waited all this time to go to SS and then be without functioning shoes! I got the impression from a previous post that there is a fair bit of pointe but dd not been before.

• Like 1