Yorkshire Ballet Seminars summer school

Anna C

Ribbons - approx 20 students for that age group as Lildancer96 has said. I don't know the numbers for the other age groups or how many scholarships there are available for each group.

We have found that the auditions have always been on the first bank holiday in May on the Sunday. I've been glad that I've had the Monday at home so haven't minded going up to London on the Sunday. Now DS lives in London I don't go up and it's up to him to get himself there. :)

Dance*is*life - from YBSS website 

For boys and girls aged between 10 and 13 at 11:00 am

For boys and girls aged between 14 and 16 at 12:30 am

For boys and girls aged between 17 and 19 at 2:00 pm

I shouldn't think that it's too late to apply for the scholarships as we're trying to get a form or whatever is required from them too. You will need to either write a letter or an email to them to say that you want to come along/try for the scholarship auditions. We're still waiting for a reply from our emails. You do need to fill out an application form even if you are only applying for a scholarship as they require details about you, addresses etc.as this was what we were asked to do last year. 

http://www.ybss.co.uk/apply.php

• Like 1

I couldn't find anywhere that said what date applications actually need to be in by? Also I'm facing the dilema of the fact that I'm on the RBS summer school (upper) waiting list....so do I chance the 100 pounds for YBSS, assuming I wont get called back for RBS, or wait it out? (I should find out if a spot has opened for RBS by end of april/beginning of may) But I dont want to wait too late! :/ 

Dd will be applying for ybss ... She and a number of others she knows are on the wait list for RBS upper school, so personally I don't think it's worth the risk of waiting and possibly ending up with neither ... we may be too late already. Ybss is an excellent summer school. The only reason we havent applied yet is because we were waiting for royal results. I daresay ybss will have an influx of applications now the rbs places are sorted ... Just quite simply didn't want to risk losing a £200 deposit if rbs had come off! I don't think there is a cut off for ybss applications, but places are limited.

• Like 1

DD applied for this in March and we had a confirmation of receipt of application. Contacted them yesterday to ask if DD could attend the scholarship audition and in the reply it said no places on the SS are allocated until after the auditions. Question for anyone who has had a dc attend before - do they normally leave it so late to let you know if you have a place? Their website says you will be told by mid April. 

They usually notify after the scholarship auditions take place; which are being held a week later this year and are usually at the end of April. I think they were around the 28th April last year. 

Does anyone know what happens if they are lucky enough to be chosen and would like to do both weeks? What happens on the Friday when most go home and the second week students don't arrive until the Saturday ? Are they allowed to stay overnight at the university? Are they supervised or do parents have to collect them?

Does anyone know what happens if they are lucky enough to be chosen and would like to do both weeks? What happens on the Friday when most go home and the second week students don't arrive until the Saturday ? Are they allowed to stay overnight at the university? Are they supervised or do parents have to collect them?

When DS has been there for 2 weeks there aren't alone. A few students will also do 2 weeks. They do still stay at the University, they are supervised, have an evening curfew time and meals are provided. Washing machines are available to use to do a light and dark wash - take a variety of coins for the machines - but take washing capsules/powder with you.

Depending on the age of your DC they will get free time on the Saturday to do what they want to but may need to come back at a certain time. Things start again at 4pm, in previous years, on the Saturday afternoon.

Parents can watch on the Friday afternoon that they collect their DC which starts about 3.30-4pm approx and goes on for 45-60mins. DC can then leave after that or stay one more night for a prompt departure on the Saturday morning.

Hope that helps but perhaps email them if you need more information.

• Like 1