Ballet and (American) football

In our college ballet classes there were many football players.  One doesn't realize how big they are until one stands next to them..

I do remember one particular day when we were working on the delicate shaping of attitude derriére and our (male) teacher said to one of the these players : "It wouldn't be too bad if you weren't so big."

Seriously, I must say they worked hard in class.  They said ballet class helped them with fast changes in direction as they ran on the field.

Partnering with them was wonderful - one could have complete confidence they would never drop you.  Doing a lift into a shoulder sit was like sitting on a very wide wall.  When I was  lifted over my partner's head, he was so tall I got that elevator feeling in my stomach.  :)

Seriously, I must say they worked hard in class.  They said ballet class helped them with fast changes in direction as they ran on the field.

American football players, footballers, rugby players, swimmers - thanks, Anjuli, you've reminded me that I really must get back on my campaign to get that extended to tennis players (I've never read any reference to them doing ballet, and I'm sure it'd help with court coverage),

• Like 1