tutu for festivals

Ellen

Where do all the other children get theirs from at your dance school,  and also have any of the other mums got any old tutus for sale. At my daughters dance school we had a mum who used to make them. They were fabulous but not cheap around about £150.00 made to measure all in. Other mums used to sell on their daughters outgrown tutu as that money would go towards getting a new one made. (That was nine years ago)

I got my girls tutus from here. they are not decorated but were £22 each. i put a v panel on the front with lace and braiding and gemstones. ok they are not a posh classical tutu but they looked lovely at festivals and when they are little and growing so fast...they had size 0's I think. They have seven layers of net and for the price were very nice. I can email a pic of my girls in the decorated ones if you pm me your email. It really wasn't hard to hand stitch it on.

http://www.esmedancewear.co.uk/tutus.html

Dancemania currently have 10% off their tutus - might be linked through liking their facebook page and getting a code.  I also suggest buying plain and decorating yourself.  Some fabric stores and markets sell embrodered motifs or material with motifs on them which can be cut round as they do not fray and then sewn onto bodice or skirt.  We had lovely sparkly flowers.

I bought two flower beaded motifs from America actually that cost £8 for two including postage. I stitched them on top of the v piece of lace with silver braiding round the edges of the v shape. The fiddly bit is sewing a flat piece of lace onto a stretchy piece of tutu leotard but if you put a cushion inside the leotard and stitch it on (being careful not to stitch it too the cushion!) then it comes out fine. It looks wrinkled when you take the cushion out but is fine once worn. My girls looked lovely in matching white tutus from esme in a duet when they were 6 and 8 years old.

Hi all .thank you .....all information very helpful ..I've been struggling to find a particular oufit for her for character dance  "princess and the frog" . have tried to borrow/buy  two so far from others in ballet school ..but both not right ..too big etc etc !!! im fairly new to all this and can see that im going to have to try and be creative and brush up on my sewing skills!! :huh:  :wacko:

Alison