Mariinsky Festival 2013

Thanks v much for this link - gives the first confirmation from the Mariinsky that Vadim will dance Solor there on 7th March - next question with whom?? 

Can I offer my wish list on this one? Oxana Skorik (Mariinsky).

• 1 month later...

A couple of Vadim's solos from last night's performance are already up on YouTube - thanks to Twitter bellafigural. I'm no expert, but they look good. Vadim has now danced La Bayadere with three different companies. I wonder whether that's three different versions.

The YouTube film actually show Vadim's 'wedding' solo twice. His 'shades' act solo was equally stunning. A privilege to be there.

Incidentally, Xander Parish features prominently and very well indeed in the Grand Pas. So the YouTube extract is very much worth a look on both counts.

I think the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4awdOTTQig

Edited by capybara

Aileen, I can't find the 'shades act' solo on YouTube. The clip that I have seen shows the 'wedding' solo twice! But, yes, he was in blue for the 'shades act'. Where did you find that?

Of course, the rest of the performance of Bayadere was wonderfully up to the Mariinsky's standards with Ekaterina Osmolkina and Oxana Skorik both lovely as Gamzatti and Nikiya respectively.

Alas, we couldn't stay for the Gala. Too many RB tickets already booked for this weekend.

Aileen, I can't find the 'shades act' solo on YouTube. The clip that I have seen shows the 'wedding' solo twice! But, yes, he was in blue for the 'shades act'. Where did you find that?

Of course, the rest of the performance of Bayadere was wonderfully up to the Mariinsky's standards with Ekaterina Osmolkina and Oxana Skorik both lovely as Gamzatti and Nikiya respectively.

Alas, we couldn't stay for the Gala. Too many RB tickets already booked for this weekend.

capybara, I totally agree with you about the La Bayadere performances. Oxana Skorik went on to be technically flawless at the Gala, dancing  the very demanding Grand pas classique with perfect single, single developé(?)(leg straight out to the side), double, fouette spins. The Gala was magnificent as was all the Festival that I saw. I was only unable to see the beginning Diana Vishneva performances. At the Gala Vadim danced in the pas de deux from The Sleeping Beauty with Yekaterina Osmolkina. She was Absolutely Lovely(!) and he was a fine and sympathetic partner.

Edited by Buddy