Hammond

charlie4dancin

I've finally gotten around to clearing out a whole batch of letters I kept for sentimental reasons and came across my dd's offer of funding for Hammond....dated 27th April!!!!! Thank heavens you guys won't have to wait that long!!!! Will probably regret throwing all the letters out now but am paying lip service to tidying up my life!!!

• Like 3

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be sure to post, whatever the outcome, as soon as it has been opened, possibly before it even hits the mat. i'll be hovering around outside waiting for the post lady!! LOL!! prob only to find out there is nothing and i'll have to wait til tues. lol!! gotta laugh about it!! or i'll cry or drink more wine!! hee hee!!

good luck to everyone waiting - fingers crossed for sat and an amazing easter weekend celebrating. my dd is in Bugsy Malone at the mo so is busy with performances! Off to see it on Sat night so would love to celebrate with her - she's had a ball doing the show, can't wait to see it.

• Like 2

If my memory serves me correctly , its an offer of an mds or a letter saying you havent got funding and you get a phone call with a bursary offer later in the week. My ds had a friend who accepted his place with a bursary and got an mds the day he started at Hammond. LOL I have actually answered my own question about reserve lists!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LETTERS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately DD hasn't been offered an MDS but letter says that if we want to discuss bursaries, Janet Starmer will be back in after 16th April and they've given until the 17th April for pupils to accept their offers. Obviously if some offers are turned down as pupils choose more preferable school, mds places may become available and those who haven't been successful, may then be considered.

so.............. more waiting!!

Good luck to all of you waiting to open those letters xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

I really feel for you all awaiting results, having been there myself recently. However, if the news isn't good , remember that there are fantastic alternatives to the vocational route. Pupils at my dance school who didn't go to hammond are achieving the same grades and standards as their comrades who did. All you need is great teaching. Stay positive , but good luck to all of you .xxxx

• Like 6

So sorry to read your news : ( wildflower. Fingers crossed one may come available.x We are still waiting for the post to arrive, I' ve brought the kids to the cinema, as the waiting for the post is so hard !!!! hopefully the letter will be there when we get home! : \

• Like 2

Sorry that it wasn't the news you were hoping for Wilderflower. I imagine that there will be a lot of shuffling about in the next week as decisions are made. I do hope that it works out for you after the 17th. Being in limbo is awful isn't it? Especially when you can't do anything to influence it yourself.

Joining with the others to say fingers crossed that you get the outcome you are hoping for.

• Like 2

Great delight in our house - MDS offered! Husband so stressed with wait he went out and ambushed postie at start of round! Good luck to all waiting and hope bursary works out for you, wildflower

• Like 8

Unfortunately DD hasn't been offered an MDS but letter says that if we want to discuss bursaries, Janet Starmer will be back in after 16th April and they've given until the 17th April for pupils to accept their offers. Obviously if some offers are turned down as pupils choose more preferable school, mds places may become available and those who haven't been successful, may then be considered.

I'm so sorry she didn't get an MDS wilderflower. For some families the bursaries can work out better financially so I hope there's still a chance she can take up her place. Keep us posted.

Great delight in our house - MDS offered! Husband so stressed with wait he went out and ambushed postie at start of round! Good luck to all waiting and hope bursary works out for you, wildflower

Congratulations. Great news. I love the story of your dh ambushing the postie at the start of his round!

• Like 2