Hammond

charlie4dancin

Well done to your DD Angela. She is a lovely dancer - I spotted her at the BRB class. I was actually the mum stood opposite you as we waited for our DDs to come out - the last ones of course. I only realised who you were when I saw your DD and then too late to say hello. Never mind - another time. My younger DD will be so thrilled to hear your news.

Hi 2dancersmum

Thank you! Hope we get to meet again now we know who to look out for - the ballet world is a very small one!

Angela xx

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Interested Parent - sorry to hear about your DD's friend.

No letter in the Sniffymum household and we are looking for funding for year 8 too and we live much closer to Hammond in terms of the time post takes to arrive.

Still haven't heard of anyone else with a letter - bizarre!

Thanks to everyone offering good wishes to those of us still waiitng (feels like forever!) Nothing in the post here today, but as Charlie4dancin said a while ago, they said it would be the first week of April.

No post for us yet either and we're waiting for Year 10! Can't believe someone has received their letter - Interested Parent, sorry to hear your DD's friend hasn't been offered funding!

Fingers crossed the funding letters will be sent soon - look forward to hearing everyone's news. good luck. stay positive!! ;-)

• Like 1

What a shame the children(not to mention the parents) are being made to wait so long. It is such a tense time for them, especially as the children in Year 6 will have their friends talking about the move to secondary school in September and they are still unsure where they will be going. Let us hope the Hammond will put you all out of your misery soon with happy news for all ballet.coers.

• Like 2

Oh, that's good of them :wacko: seeing as we have a long bank holiday weekend which means most people won't get them until next week - you'd think they could put a bit more effort into getting them sent tomorrow - maybe they will :rolleyes:

(I hasten to add that we're not waiting to hear, but I do feel for everyone waiting - we've been there and I know the schools must have good reasons for the delay, but it's agony at the other end)

• Like 1

Could you contact them and ask whether in the circumstances they will email the result to you, charlie4dancin? At least then there is a chance that you might know before you go on holiday. Even if they refuse, you won't lose anything by asking.

Keeping fingers crossed for you and your DD and for everyone awaiting results x

• Like 3

The funding decisions for the Hammond are more complex than other schools as they have a number of burseries to give out. I understand they take into consideration people's financial statements to work out whether people would be better off on MDS or bursery. And who knows what other factors come into play, but they will be trying to make sure they get the decisions right.

It doesn't make it any less frustrating for you waiting I know.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for posting Dancingmom! My dd is in a Festival this week and I didn't dare bring her home during the day yesterday in case there was bad news on the doorstep and it messed things up for the afternoon! At least I can not think about it today and tomorrow. Thoughts are with all waiting - we know how hard it is.

• Like 1