Hammond

charlie4dancin

Hi, Karen

My daughter started this year in year 8. All the dancers sang in the MDS/bursary audition last year - at least, maybe you had the option to choose not to, I'm not sure! It wasn't a musical theatre audition, as such. They had a ballet class, a modern class (I think - it seems a long time ago) and they sang. No acting involved!

Hope the audition goes well!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karen - My dd has been offered a place for year 8 and I know of another dd offered a place for year 7.

We both called to ask in case they had to prepare a new solo dance piece and new vocal and were told that neither would be required at the funding audition.

Hope that helps.

Hi Regattah - hope your DD is enjoying her first year at The Hammond.

My DD in her audition right now and hoping for a Year 9 place! We were told only years 7 and 8 go back for funding finals on 19th March. All years 9 and 10 places will receive letter today confirming if they have been offered a school place and then have to wait until end of March to be told if there are any Mds places remaining plus of course bursury offers.

Keeping everything xxxxx for my girl.

• Like 2

We were told only years 7 and 8 go back for funding finals on 19th March. All years 9 and 10 places will receive letter today confirming if they have been offered a school place and then have to wait until end of March to be told if there are any Mds places remaining plus of course bursury offers.

This is certainly how it worked last year (regarding funding) although we had to wait for our letter to know about a place. But keep in touch with Janet Starmer, she is very helpful and understanding.

Meadowblythe

Yes, how did she think it went, Interested Parent? Did you look around? I don't suppose you glanced any year 8's at work?

In answer to your earlier question, DD is really happy there. Really hoping you get good news!

Edited by Regattah
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes! DD loved the audition (any chance to perform in front of a captured audience is good for her esteem). We didn't get our letter yesterday so I may have misheard that. We were told that when years 7 and 8 have had their funding finals, they will allocate MDS and there may be some left over for years 9 and 10, plus of course the burseries. So not a huge chance, but some, and as my DD regularly reminds me, you have to be in it to win it!!!

But first we have the hurdle to climb of the letter offering/not offering a place at the school - fingers crossed and thank you all again for your support.

• Like 1

Yes, how did she think it went, Interested Parent? Did you look around? I don't suppose you glanced any year 8's at work?

In answer to your earlier question, DD is really happy there. Really hoping you get good news!

Hi Regattah, my DD said hello to your DD and another DD who she met last year. It was lovely of them to chat with her and made her feel quite at home.

• Like 1

Hi all, my DD has been offered a place at The Hammond; which is lovely. Of course she won't be able to go unless an MDS is on offer so we now wait another 3 weeks to see if there are any available for us.

Miracle, hope you're DD is bearing up with the waiting; my DD is a little bit tetchy at the moment :mellow:

• Like 6

Thankyou interested parent. Did your offer letter say what date you would hear.

Both of my chrubs have Tring funding audition. They are both waiting on mids and DD is waiting on RBS summer school as DS already has a place. So 6 letters due end of March!! Exciting time I think!!

• Like 2

Hi All, some of you may recognise my username as i used to be on the old ballet.co site, so had to re-register and all that but i'm back now!

My DD has been offered a Year 10 place at Hammond - again like the rest of you, waiting to hear about funding as we are not rich enough to send her! Not long now really!! good luck to all those waiting.

A xxx

• Like 1

Thanks C, no not long to wait although your DD has another audition to do next Monday doesnt she - good luck to her and her friend! My DD doesn't have to go back for funding audition as she is going to be Year 10 - also means though that there is very little chance of an MDS as they normally give them to the younger ones first! oh well, not to worry, will just have to see what happens.

Does anyone know of anyone else who has been offered a Year 10 place?

And do you know how many have been recalled for finals next week!?

A xxx

• Like 1

Hi All, some of you may recognise my username as i used to be on the old ballet.co site, so had to re-register and all that but i'm back now!

My DD has been offered a Year 10 place at Hammond - again like the rest of you, waiting to hear about funding as we are not rich enough to send her! Not long now really!! good luck to all those waiting.

A xxx

Congratulations and good luck on your pending news!! What an achievement!! Good luck to the younger dancers who also have their funding auditions next week!!

Ax

• Like 3

No, C4D - she auditioned on 1st Feb! Think she said there were bout 30 in there and quite a few of those were older ones (not year 7) and if I remember at least 4 boys! Be good to know how many they have recalled for funding audition - let me know when you get there next monday! good luck xxx

• Like 1