Hammond

charlie4dancin

Dear C4D, we have been there too and for the past 3 years. It takes my DD several months to recover but each time she comes out of it more determined than ever and, frustratingly, seems to develop even more (wish that happened BEFORE the audition). What I am trying to say is that she will get through it and I have found that you must always have a Plan B that you discuss with you DD. it could be booking a summer school, some dance days or finding new opportunities in new places for her to try. At her age all she wants is to dance with like-minded individuals and have some recognition and appreciation. The auditions gave her that so now find opportunities for her to get that through other ways. I hope some of this helps. Please PM me if you want to. Xx

• Like 2

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told at Tring that those invited to a second audition for MDS awards are those deemed to have the most potential for classical ballet training and that this was heaviliy dependent upon physical criteria. Obviously at both Tring and Hammond there are children applying who dont necessarily aspire to a classical ballet career and they may be offered a place but not given MDS funding. Rachel Rist was very up front that that is what the MDS awards are for at Tring and I have seen her in print in one of the dance publications not that long ago saying the same thing and stating that physical criteria will outweigh performance potential when she is selecting students. Very black and white it would seem..........

Sorry, don't think it's that clear cut. Certainly at Hammond know a few children with mds who are not exactly ballet physique. I think there are a lot of criteria and they look at them overall and although it's usually the best ballet dancers who get selected, sometimes they will give to children with talent in other areas but who are still very good in ballet. Sorry if this throws the cat amongst the pigeons. Sometimes I feel we don't know what they're thinking when they choose as it doesn't seem to follow a pattern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I have had quite a few lovely PM's over the last week or so from lovely ballet co members asking about our dd... So for those who don't know already, we have excepted dd place for September and we appreciate all the help and support we have recieved over the last 3 months thank you ;)

Cxxx

• Like 13