rbs lower school letters

tutucute22

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reply to Spax.  Basically the associate letters come out in March and are not dependent on the WL final.  When my daughter was invited to the WL final (although she only applied for MAs), the final was in February and the results for the WL final came out about 10 days later.  DD was not offered place at WL, but she got MA letter offering a place and is now an SA. 

When it came to auditioning for SAs, she chose not to audition for WL, but the audition was very low key (a Tuesday evening, one class, two people on the panel and lacked any sense of occasion).  We rather wished she had done the joint audition as clearly it was more of an 'event' and for some bizaare reason the joint audition got their results a week before the the SA only results. 

Hope that helps.  DD is at YDA and loves it (we turned down Elmhurst to go there at Year 7 and it has truly been the right decision for us).  Some children thrive in a boarding school and my DD definitely would not.

Spax back to your previous post, it is very hard to turn down a place at WL, but remember that roughly only half of the LS students get to US after spending 5 years there!  For me, I would rather have my daughter home every night and living a normal life, with vocational dancing during the day.

WL obviously assess out every February and that can be very traumatic for the student, who have to stay until the summer in the knowledge that they are leaving and WL has become their whole life.  As we know some of them come to YDA or go to Tring or Elmhurst after being assessed out.

I don't know how old your DS is, but It really is such a hard decision and going to the WL final is very exciting.  Of course, many students in the past few years have gone from YDA to WL, so YDA are definitely doing something right.

• Like 1

We're back again though (while talking about YDA) to the fact that many (or most) can neither afford it or live close enough to make it viable. I have no doubt it's a wonderful school and I understand the advantages to you, but just not an option for us. It was hard enough to manage paying for funded places at Elmhurst and WL.

But it's right that we talk about all the options on this forum. Think yourselves lucky - there was no advice like this available when we started on the forum and my son was a first in JAs!

And bad luck Tinker, but well done for your attitude towards it :-)

• Like 2

Hi, my friend auditioned this year at manchester for the first time for upper SA only and her audition was around 2/3pm on the 24th jan I think. I've just be talking to her as she said last year her friend auditioned for Upper SA only however the audition was combined with girls auditioning for 6th form WL. This year the 6th form girls auditioned the day before on the 23rd, does anybody know if those audition were joint with girls who also applied for year 11 as well as upper SA? The audition on the 24th which my friend did was it also combined with girls auditioning for year 11 as well as the SA programme??

I've put the question out as I'm sure somebody will have the answer

Ahhh sorry to hear that Pasdebourree15. It's very good audition experience though and as many people said it is very hard to get a year 11 place. Well done for giving it a go!

Thanks so much eloise-please!  :) I enjoyed the audition and there's still next year! They did start our audition off, and end it too, by telling us that they really didn't have many, if any, spots for years 10 and 11, so I didn't let myself hope for a yes. But I'm glad I went for the experience anyways.  :)

• Like 1

we got a no sadly from the Manchester auditions, but on the plus side I get to keep my DD at home with me, and I can still cuddle her every night when i come home from work, so im a slightly happier Dad that I get to keep my little girl :) x

Edited by balletDad
  • Like 14