rbs lower school letters

tutucute22

There's usually around 40 girls for 12 places and they occasionally take a couple of day pupils as well. Don't know about the boys.

Well done to those with finals. Enjoy it as it is a special day, regardless of outcome..

Comiserations to those with a no but there are many other routes to success.

• Like 1

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the responses.  It is clearly a huge achievement to make it as far as the finals then, and even more so to get past that.  I would be interested if anyone knows if the numbers for boys are the same.  I imagine it might be easier for the boys to make it as far as finals, as there are fewer of them.  In terms of the JAs, for example, it seemed to be 1 in 10 girls who were accepted, but 1 in 3 or so boys!  I guess there are just fewer dancing boys....

i echo what everyone has been saying massive congratulations to all who have got to finals

and to any no's i am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason

even if its not clear what that is at the time.

Eloise-please out of interest when did you audition, my dd has only auditioned for mids so like you has a longer wait just wondered if you were at same time as her.

• Like 1

We auditioned in Manchester on 24th January for Mids only. And nice to meet you ballemum! There aren't many of us who's kids only did the mids auditions. I felt like it was hard not to get dragged along with all the excitement into something we didn't really want! My dd is happily going off to her local high school and continuing with her local dance teacher. I take my hat off to those going down the vocational route but its not for us. It's very exciting to hear how everyone is getting on though!!

Edited by eloise_please

well a friend of a friend knows a girl not from my DD's dance school who has received a letter for finals even though on the form only ticked the mid- associate box.

not for full time training..she asked question of me whether this would mean if she doesn't get offered a full time place would it automatically mean she is offered a mid- asssociate place...i advised i had no idea but would ask the question to my experienced friends.. this then through up the question of those children who

only ticked the mid associate box..is it actually worth auditioning for this only ??... do they select 40+ as you say for the finals and choose the mid associates from the ones that are not offered a full time place ??...or do they actually look at the children who have ticked the associate box only ??

any thoughts ??

Me and another couple of mums in ja's asked this very question of our ja DDs teacher and were assured (backed up by a phone call from miss Hubbard at RBS) that they do not need to tick the WL box on the form nor go to WL for a final to be offered a mid place. She assured us that some people get final offers and no mid place and some who have no WL final (even if they tick the box) get mids places. She was actually quite concerned that this was even considered to be the case that you had to go to WL finals to be considered for a mids place because if so a lot of people were wasting both the school and their own time and money!

If they are really interested in you and you have only ticked the Mids box, they will send you a 'special invite' to the final. I have known this happen to several girls over the years and none of them got accepted for a full time place, despite this 'special invite', although I'm sure others that I don't know have been accepted in the past.

As for Mids places, they will be offered to the best of the children they have left, regardless of which box they ticked originally.

I met one of my very good friends through the forum when her dd got to finals despite only ticking the MAs box - she has since been all through WL and is at Upper School :-)

And I've known plenty of people get MA places without getting to finals

• Like 3

Two girls I have  known  personally have had these letters........ one who who  didn't go to the final and wasn't offered a mids place,one did and was offered a full-time place which they didn't accept and then was given a mids place.

My younger DD  ( Queen of the SWL) didn't get offered a final audition but was given a place on the waiting list,but then so was most of the JA class.

Huge well done to all who make the final ,fingers crossed for those of you awaiting letters .......Good Luck Angel for the Elmhurst finals!!

• Like 1

I wonder if they are doing them in order of audition date and whether they look at London 1 and 2 at the same time.

First London audition was almost 2 weeks before the Manchester one balletDad....our nerves are shorter than yours...

Let's hope we all hear soon.

• Like 2

Kids bounce back so quickly...glad to hear your dd back to her happy self. I echo what you say about JAs and remembering the feelings of those who have disppointed this week.

I think we should also spare a thought ...those who are waiting to hear of post year 7 places...for where these places come from. These come at a cost to another little dancer who may have their dreams shattered. There could be some worried children and parents out there who find it hard to share in all the (natural) excitement.

Wishing all the ballet students facing important assessments over the next couple of weeks all the very best of luck!

• Like 1

Spax - that's really an impossible question to answer and only you can decide after doing your research (plenty to read on here!). What one person loves, someone else might hate and what's good for one student may not be good for another.

• Like 4

YDA is a fantastic school but I think even Anna herself would tell you to let your son go to White Lodge if he was offered a place. Anna Du Boisson is great for doing what is best for the students and will push them into the direction she thinks is best for them. I dont have anything to do with the school, but my dd did some classes with her several years ago.

• Like 4