rbs lower school letters

tutucute22

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief! I can feel the tension mounting and it isn't anything to do with us..eek! I have been unable to stop myself checking in on your agonising wait! Wishing you all the very best for those letters. Stay calm all you mums (and dads) xx

• Like 5

We got a yes to finals for my DD for year 8!

We aren't getting too excited though, we know there is very little chance of any places being available for yr8, i'm just so proud she got to finals- it's all fantastic experience.  

• Like 14

A great achievement in itself Emmy - the final audition day at WL is lovely.

And sad for you Angel, but the disappointment will pass - and yes, you are allowed to say you're relieved!  I was like that with my dd.  She was hugely disappointed (especially as her brother was already there) but she had already realised that her physique was changing much more quickly than her other JA friends so she was prepared for it to an extent.  A little cry and then she just moved on and enjoyed her last term as a JA.

• Like 5

Yes I think the pressure of big sister being there was a big pull but she has actually recognised that shed be happier at elmhurst so really praying for a yes from them. I now have to work out the logistics of having five children in five counties!

edited to add my congratulations to those with a yes letter and hugs to those with no's :)

Edited by angel
  • Like 5

Well done emmy3 and jwot!! Tough for you and your daughter angel. I understand the pressure for a younger sibling to follow in footsteps of older one. My boys are at different dance as it worked out that way and I am pleased they have their own path to follow. Let us know how Elmhurst works out. Are you still waiting to hear about finals there?

• Like 2

Thank you Belljul, we're both fine.  I think in my heart I knew she wouldn't get through so had prepared her well for the possibility.  She got through to finals at Elmhurst (she did the first audition) so we will see.  I'm happy they won't be in the same place.  Living in her sister's shadow would not have been fun and there is only so much Nutcracker a parent can watch!

• Like 4