New "quotes" system

alison

I think it was about a week ago that we seem to have had some sort of software upgrade on the site and the way the forum software deals with quoting has changed.  Is anyone else finding they have problems with it, or is it just me?

Specific problems so far are:

No details of the person being quoted being given

The quotes suddenly becoming "unquoted" and being seemingly impossible to put back into quote form

Actually trying to post beneath a quote and finding you're typing in the quote instead

It doesn't seem to me to be terribly intuitive.

I think it was about a week ago that we seem to have had some sort of software upgrade on the site and the way the forum software deals with quoting has changed. Is anyone else finding they have problems with it, or is it just me?

Specific problems so far are:

No details of the person being quoted being given

The quotes suddenly becoming "unquoted" and being seemingly impossible to put back into quote form

Actually trying to post beneath a quote and finding you're typing in the quote instead

It doesn't seem to me to be terribly intuitive.

Testing.....

Edited to add that it seems ok from here. :-)

Just tried again: the minute I try to delete the first letter of someone's post, all the quote stuff around it vanishes completely.

Just experimented some more, and it seems that if I put a line break in before the first letter things stay put.  Fingers crossed.