Associate classes

Lilac

What does anyone think of the merits of various classes? We live in the South East which tends to mean in London. What would the merits of say Central, CAT courses at the Place or Laban be, or even London Senior Ballet? It's always difficult knowing how many auditions to subject a dd to. She's Year 8, best at ballet and Contemporary. Thanks

Yes, I agree with Pas de Quatre. I can vouch for Central, who study Ballet and Creative, then swap Creative for Contemporary in the 2nd year. However we also attended a CAT taster day at The Place recently and that looked like outstanding training, particularly if Contemporary training is a long term plan. Central don't have taster days but they do have an Easter Course which would give you an idea of what the school is like. Likewise I know people who are very happy with LJB/LSB. So do go along to taster days if they are available, research on the web, and go to as many auditions as you can. Also, it might be worth asking your local teacher if there are any schemes she thinks would be best suited to your DD.

Edited by spannerandpony

Whilst it can be expensive to do lots of auditions, I think its a good idea to do as many as you can reasonably afford, as every audition is good experience and practice for future auditions.

If you are lucky enough to be in the position of having to make a choice between offers on different schemes, audition day will have given you a good insight as to whether you might enjoy the program.