BRB "Off the Stage" classes at their touring venues

Jan McNulty

I've just come across this on the BRB website:

http://brb.org.uk/Off-the-stage.html

"Off the Stage classes are held in our touring venues, supporting and making Birmingham Royal Ballet's tour accessible to local ballet students. The workshops are linked to the current repertoire and led by a professional artist and a pianist. Often there will be additional events available such as make-up demonstrations, an insight into the costumes or talks with Birmingham Royal Ballet dancers. This year the company is performing an exciting new ballet, Aladdin choreographed by Artistic Director David Bintley set to music by Carl Davis. We will be running Off the Stage classes in Salford, Plymouth and Sunderland."

• Like 4

Don't think so, it just says grade 2-3. My daughter went last year and there were a couple of younger children in the class too, only about 5 or 6 years old so they couldn't have been in grade 2. Maybe if it doesn't fill up they are a bit more flexible!

My dd has done these - they are great. They are taught a dance from the show being performed so when we went to watch, dd was able to identify the piece she had learned - ribbon dance from La Fille Mal Gardee last time. Jenny Murphy has taught the classes my dd attended and she is fab! Well worth going!