VADIM MUNTAGIROV AUTOBIOGRAPHY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Balletfanp said:

Exciting news for Muntagirov afficionados! Vadim has just announced on his Instagram account that he has a book coming out entitled “From Small Steps to Big Leaps”  on 1st June.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrsPB0xMFyl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Did not see this coming… but I might have to pick it up. Also I hope the Instagram picture is not the cover.

Interested to hear more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oncnp said:

"My book".....

Autobiography or pictures or both.

From what I understand, it is an autobiography with some pictures - possibly very different from what can be seen online of Ed Watson’s photographic book.

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
Just now, capybara said:

From what I understand, it is an autobiography with some pictures - possibly very different from what can be seen online of Ed Watson’s photographic book.

at 33? 

Guest oncnp
14 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Well that's about the same age as Carlos Acosta was when he published his.

Stories not remotely similar.  

I'm sure it will be very interesting

10 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Stories not remotely similar.  

I'm sure it will be very interesting

Maybe remotely similar - just not very similar! But I'd be just as interested to hear Muntagirov's story as Acosta's. And although in general I think early autobiographies are not appropriate, with a dancer it's entirely possible that the height of their performing career is also the height of their (relative) fame, so if they don't publish then there may be no later opportunity.

• Like 13

Guest oncnp
13 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Maybe remotely similar - just not very similar! But I'd be just as interested to hear Muntagirov's story as Acosta's. And although in general I think early autobiographies are not appropriate, with a dancer it's entirely possible that the height of their performing career is also the height of their (relative) fame, so if they don't publish then there may be no later opportunity.

Fame angle....good point

Sticking with "not remotely", however

'Wonder who his ghost is?

Well that's my birthday present to me sorted!!!

Having seen the Instagram footage of him rehearsing/performing (?) Don Q in Trieste with Fumi he is definitely worth a cinema broadcast!! Haven't seen virtuosity like that since Vasiliev, and Vadim has the beautiful classical style as well as virtuosity which Vasiliev didn't always have. Would love to see him perform it with Fumi. Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 12

3 hours ago, bridiem said:

And although in general I think early autobiographies are not appropriate,

I quite agree, but it's obvious that publishers think differently - see all the ones for sportspeople, musicians and many other people who may have little more than celebrity to recommend them.

55 minutes ago, PeterS said:

With Vadim being a few decades younger than me, if he were to wait until the end of his career or beyond to publish, there’s a fair chance that I wouldn’t be here to read it. 

Good point.  😬

On 01/05/2023 at 12:50, bridiem said:

Well that's about the same age as Carlos Acosta was when he published his.

Paris Opera ballet principal dancer Hugo Marchand published his book "Danser" at 28 and another principal dancer Germain Louvet "Des choses quise dansent" at 29.  So it's high time for Vadim's book 😄

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Silver Capricorn said:

Paris Opera ballet principal dancer Hugo Marchand published his book "Danser" at 28 and another principal dancer Germain Louvet "Des choses quise dansent" at 29.  So it's high time for Vadim's book 😄

And I believe that the book about Steven McRae  was published 9 years ago when he would have been ?28?

• Like 4

Guest oncnp
1 hour ago, Silver Capricorn said:

So sorry, but ROH shop does not send orders to the Czech Republic, even if I am Friends+.  I'll have to wait for Amazon.

Me as well. Shipping to the US costs as much as the book itself and with the pound at a new high $65+ is a bit more than I want to spend for a book. Hoping for a Kindle edition.