Sarasota Ballet La Sylphide

In yesterday's links (26/3/23) there was this splendid article about Sarasota Ballets new production of Johan Kobborg's La Sylphide. 

https://eu.heraldtribune.com/story/entertainment/dance/2023/03/16/sarasota-ballet-presents-its-first-production-of-worlds-oldest-ballet/70005354007/

It sounds wonderful. However, there was something in the article I found concerning and I wonder if I am misinterpreting it. I hope I am, perhaps others more knowledgeable could help.

It says, Sarasota purchased the RB La Sylphide sets and costumes for their new production. That would be bad enough as I love those sets and costumes as they were from an earlier Royal Danish production.  However, does this mean the RB won't be staging La Sylphide in the near future, possibly never again unless they purchase a new production, sets and costumes? Perhaps they belong to Johan as they're a part of his production. I think there may be potential problems with the RB staging Kobborg's Sylphide because of 'management tensions' when he and Alina left the RB. I'm not interested in this aspect but I did hope eventually things would be sorted and La Sylphide restored to the RB rep., not least because of all the potential Sylphides and James' that have emerged in the last few years. Does anyone have any ideas about the RB La Sylphide situation?

• Like 1