RBS Auditions

Lisa O`Brien

Not until they have completed the audition tour - I am guessing mid February. Think you get about 2 weeks notice of finals from memory?

Best of luck all!

My DD enjoyed her audition in Manchester but holds out little hope!

F x

Think positive x x

Edited by Lildancer96
  • Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear that the auditions went well. My DD's friend auditioned for a Yr 9 MA place so we're keeping our fingers crossed for her. It was her first experience of an RBS audition but she found it really enjoyable. Good luck with the waiting everybody :)

So glad to hear that the auditions went well. My DD's friend auditioned for a Yr 9 MA place so we're keeping our fingers crossed for her. It was her first experience of an RBS audition but she found it really enjoyable. Good luck with the waiting everybody :)

What audition was she in? Assuming she was in Manchester as think that is the only one that has been so far? (I think!) My DD was in at 2.30pm with the other MAs xxx

Yes she was in Manchester - it was an afternoon audition and I know she went in with some JA's. Perhaps it was the slot before your DD's? She knows how few places there are at this level, but wanted to go for the experience, both she and her mum had a really good day. Wishing everybody a smooth and happy audition season - can't believe its come round so quickly!

Hi Passionforballet

I would certainly recommend trying again for JAs in year 5 (if your nerves can handle it!) As oldermum says so few places are given at year 4 and having had a go at it once the audtion may be less daunting (if your child, like mine, is overwhelmed by ocassions such as those) I would also recommend the JA for a day workshops the RBS run that do what it says on the tin with the added bonus that parents can watch too and get an idea of a typcial JA class.

Good luck and keep us posted ! :)

I say try again, when my dd and her friends went for year 4 we told them it was to build their confidence for applying in year 5 so they'd know what to expect and because of their age they would probably not get year 4. They all enjoyed the experience. My daughter was lucky enough to get year 4 and it made it extra special as she certainly did expect it and none of her friends were upset when they didn't get offered a place as my dd was the eldest. Some tried again but others decided it wasn't for them, they are all on different asscoiate progarammes now, either NBT or Elmhurst. Never give up hope. One of my dd teachers says go to as many different auditions as you can then when there is one you really want you'll be able to go in knowing what to expect, always smile and listen carefully. Good luck and enjoy dancing that's the main thing at this age.

I will be auditioning for SA 2 weeks today I also ticked the form to be considered for LS do you get an individual letter I understand from prev postings that you get advised about finals between 1-2 weeks after the audition??

Does anybody know on average how many get taken down to finals? How many went down for year 9 last year and did they take any? Is there any free beds for yr 10?

Alot of questions I know but you all seem to know what your talking about 

I will be auditioning for SA 2 weeks today I also ticked the form to be considered for LS do you get an individual letter I understand from prev postings that you get advised about finals between 1-2 weeks after the audition??

Does anybody know on average how many get taken down to finals? How many went down for year 9 last year and did they take any? Is there any free beds for yr 10?

Alot of questions I know but you all seem to know what your talking about 

you tend to hear about 2 weeks before the finals (which are 24/25th Feb this year). So if you audition in Manchester you will have a longer wait than those in Bristol! Not sure if there are any beds for Year 10 this year (hope so as my DD auditioned !). Out of our Manchester Mas I believe only 1 or 2 got finals last year for year 10 places. They do not take many at all. Best of luck! :D

F x

Hi Gingerbread

I am sure that it will be at Brislington Enterprise College, which is on the A4 side of Bristol, on the road which takes you out towards Bath. Parking is easy there. I hope it goes really well for your DD. The teacher who takes the audition class is lovely, and the dance studio is very nice. I'm not sure about times - I think that the younger ones will be earlier in the day.

Good luck!

x

Hi Gingerbread

I am sure that it will be at Brislington Enterprise College, which is on the A4 side of Bristol, on the road which takes you out towards Bath. Parking is easy there. I hope it goes really well for your DD. The teacher who takes the audition class is lovely, and the dance studio is very nice. I'm not sure about times - I think that the younger ones will be earlier in the day.

Good luck!

x

Thanks for that, En Pointe! I also called RBS because i've not had any confirmation/details etc. They said letters were sent out on Thursday - perhaps they were sent second class then!

Is your DD an associate at Bristol? Thanks to your info I've had a look online at the location - so we know what to expect (a little bit).

Does anyone know if they do any pointe work in the Year 10 audition? DD will take pointe shoes just in case, but they definitely didn't need them at Elmhurst last week.

Good luck to everyone in all their auditions!

Pointe work is not done at the RBS preliminary auditions but it is done at the final for Year 8 upwards!

Good Luck to all auditionees.

thank you, Ribbons! Will take them of course just in case, but will tell DD that they probably will not be needed!

I heard from a friend of a friend that in a couple of the Manchester auditions for year 7 and 8 one of the panel went over to just one girl in each audition and asked if they could lift their right leg to the front and to the side.

My DD said her friend had told her they did this to someone at summer school and then offered the person concerned a place at White Lodge.

Has anyone else heard of them doing this?

Thanks

I was there yesterday with my little one. We were in the 12.45 group. For the first time ever it was a negative experience. We've been to a few of these before, as well as auditions for other schools and my kids have always come out buzzing and happy, regardless of the outcome.

My little one was flat yesterday and much later on in the day it all came out. In her line of 4 she was asked to stand way to the side. The other 3 were right in front of the panel and she said they never looked at her.

Her confidence is way down now for the Elmhurst final and for the Tring funding final. She said she must be rubbish if they didn't even want to watch her so what's the point. I've tried to bolster her...but am feeling very bleak today as she is really down and I can't lift her spirits. She is adamant that she feels they had made up their minds that they didn't want her early on in audition so didn't bother after. Poor little love! Anyone heard of anything similar? Not worried about RBS place but very concerned about how it is affecting her self esteem before finals.

Shame...all other auditions and her JA classes have always been so happy.

I heard from a friend of a friend that in a couple of the Manchester auditions for year 7 and 8 one of the panel went over to just one girl in each audition and asked if they could lift their right leg to the front and to the side. My DD said her friend had told her they did this to someone at summer school and then offered the person concerned a place at White Lodge. Has anyone else heard of them doing this? Thanks

My DD has auditioned at RBS in previous years, was approached by a member of the panel to lift leg higher, show a tendu on right foot etc for each audition but sadly was not offered a place either time. So I don't think you should read too much into this.

Kiwimum - really feel for you and your little DD. My youngest came out of the RBS finals feeling flat because she wasn't in the group that was recalled, she also felt that this meant they weren't interested in her, but this turned out not to be the case.

It is hard to lift their spirits especially when they tend to be critical of themeselves naturally. Reassure her how well she has done so far, Elmhurst finals and the Tring funding audition show how much talent she does have and she would not be a JA if she was 'rubbish' :)

Do hope she is smiling again soon, will be thinking of you and everybody else waiting for the post

• Like 1

Kiwimum, I hope your daughter is feeling a little more positive today!

She has obviously shown potential before as she is a JA and has places at both Tring and Elmhurst.

Perhaps they had already seen enough of your daughter and made their decision (especially as she is a JA) - although purposefully requesting she stands to the side of the group without explanation is hardly encouraging for a student of such a young age, not a very sympathetic approach. I'm sure lots will be asked to leave the finals audition early but it just mean they have made their mind up not they are not interested.

Fingers crossed, not long to wait now!

• Like 2

My dd is auditioning for MA year 7 place in Bristol on Sunday. She has, as some of you know, auditioned unsuccessfully for JAs for the last three years. We supect that acceptance is still unlikely, but she finds the experience invaluable and is not yet ready to give up!

Good luck to every one who has forthcoming auditions- looking forward to hearing all the good news!

J

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for all those trying - I think it is really difficult to 'read' these auditions. Sometimes they can appear to spend more time on the ones they are unsure of, so I think Kiwimum's DD should try not to worry - they may have decided quite early on that they wanted to see her at finals. It's a tough experience when you're 10 years old, isn't it.

xx