Removal of Posts

Fonty

Dear Moderators,

If you are going to remove a post, I thunk you should let the poster know why.  I know you are busy, but if you have the time to delete it, you have the time to send a quick pm to the individual to say why. 

I'm not sure what post you're referring to, Fonty, but actually that's not always the case - if we're on our phones, for example, we can be very limited in what we can do, or our circumstances may be restrictive.  For instance, I was just doing a 30-second check-in in the middle of a trade fair when I saw your post.  (And now I need to go again!)

I am referring to a post on the SB thread.  It was quite a long one and it vanished.  I appreciate it can be difficult, but i am starting to wonder if it is worth posting at all if things just vanish without explanation.

5 hours ago, Fonty said:

I am referring to a post on the SB thread.  It was quite a long one and it vanished.  I appreciate it can be difficult, but i am starting to wonder if it is worth posting at all if things just vanish without explanation.

I had not seen the post before it was hidden but there are copyright issues surrounding links to YouTube videos that have not been posted from an official source.  This is mentioned in the AUP.

The Trustees and Mods are all volunteers and none of us wish to possibly jeopardise careers if the Forum is taken to task by the rights holders of the piece that has been posted.

• Like 1

I have read the AUP and know the correct procedures.  I am a bit confused as to the way in which these are applied, as sometimes links are allowed and other times they are not.  I have posted several links in the past without any problems, as have others.

Will a mention and a way of searching Youtube for the link be ok? 

4 hours ago, Fonty said:

I have read the AUP and know the correct procedures.  I am a bit confused as to the way in which these are applied, as sometimes links are allowed and other times they are not.  I have posted several links in the past without any problems, as have others.

Will a mention and a way of searching Youtube for the link be ok? 

I've noticed that people inadvertently link to pirated/illegally filmed posts all the time. I doubt the mods have time to check every single one (and besides that's the job of the poster) but when they do it has to be removed for copyright violation.