Advanced 2 level open classes London?

margarite

DD has finals for Central on 1/2nd April, her school breaks up on the 24th March however, leaving her with over a week with no class. I can’t see any Easter intensives starting that week (27th March) and her old local dance school only has lessons up to Adv Foundation. There is a studio we can rent locally where she can practise, but feel that attending an open class or two might be beneficial? Does anyone have any suggestions? She is 15. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for RAD Adv2 work or just that level of class?  Even the Adv/Pro classes cover a number of levels and Adv2 work is hard.  I can ask DC which they consider to be best for technique and in terms of getting any individual corrections.  It depends on if they just want to keep up with fitness and work on what they know they need to work on or require support in an area.  That’s sometimes not easy in an open class.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dance.Mum said:

Are you looking for RAD Adv2 work or just that level of class?  Even the Adv/Pro classes cover a number of levels and Adv2 work is hard.  I can ask DC which they consider to be best for technique and in terms of getting any individual corrections.  It depends on if they just want to keep up with fitness and work on what they know they need to work on or require support in an area.  That’s sometimes not easy in an open class.

Just around that level of class not specifically Adv 2 - it would just be to keep up fitness as she’s normally dancing around 20+ hours a week. Any steer on technique or amount of corrections given at specific classes would be great. Thanks so much 

Edited by margarite

4 hours ago, margarite said:

Just around that level of class not specifically Adv 2 - it would just be to keep up fitness as she’s normally dancing around 20+ hours a week. Any steer on technique or amount of corrections given at specific classes would be great. Thanks so much 

Okay - I’ll get back you with what DC suggests.

• Like 1

Most open classes don’t give corrections in my experience.  Most attending are professionals.  Attendees are expected to self-correct.  

If your daughter is RAD Adv2 level then the classes described as advanced/pro are for her.  There is often mixed ability attending. Sometimes some very accomplished professionals, so it’s great for learning by observing others too. 

Roland Price is a guest teacher at Royal Ballet from time to time and I know a number of skilled freelance ballet dancers who take his class (Adv/Pro) at Pineapple.  

• Thanks 1

Looking at Danceworks .. Isabella McGuire Mayes may well give corrections.  She does a lot online.  Though I see it says her classes are for 16+.   That might be something you’ll need to check everywhere. 

Edited by FionaE
  • Thanks 1

its not an advanced level class but I'd recommend Kim Mendez' class at Pineapple, its based on Cecchetti ballet and normally quite a small group so she pays tremendous attention to detail and gives plenty of individual and group corrections if that's what you're after 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2023 at 01:36, FionaE said:

Looking at Danceworks .. Isabella McGuire Mayes may well give corrections.  She does a lot online.  Though I see it says her classes are for 16+.   That might be something you’ll need to check everywhere. 

Isabella is a very good teacher. Dds have previously taken her classes but not at Danceworks so not sure if in an open class you would get the same level of corrections.