Festival dance ideas anyone?

Pups_mum

Yes, I know this is a weird question, but can anyone think of either a character solo for a girl or a boy/girl character duet that would require a piratey treasure chest thing as a prop? Obviously it's more usual to put the dance before the prop, but on this occasion I really need to find a use for a rather splendid treasure chest that my husband has kind of accidentally made....it's a long story.....any suggestions gratefully received!! :wacko:

• Like 3

Thanks for the ideas - keep them coming please. He made it for someone else, but lets just say he didn't check the design brief carefully enough! It's a very nice treasure chest....just not what was actually needed, so now DD and I are trying to think of some way to put his hours of hard work to good use!

• Like 1

If the chest is big enough to get one or both of them in it, could they emerge as toys from the toy box coming alive in the deserted nursery as the clock strikes midnight? Or could the chest be the tooth fairy's store for her hoard of teeth and she goes about collecting more from sleeping children?

Tell us what you decide to do!

Leprechaun? My sister did this a couple of years ago - hunting for gold coins and catching a glimpse of gold only for it to be a leaf, button etc. Then finally she found the big pot of gold! Great for facial expressions.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I shall pass them on to DD and her teacher and let you know what the outcome is. She's nearly 15 so some of the ideas might be a bit young for her ( I should have said, sorry) though I think the tooth fairy could be done by an older girl as a comedy piece and quite like that idea. I think DD is leaning towards a pirates of the carribean theme though, and there is certainly some excellent music in the films isn't there?We'll have to see what her teacher thinks.

• Like 1