I've just got home from watching Rambert's 'Peaky Blinders:  The Redemption of Tommy Shelby.'

What an amazing show.  Fantastic, creative and and exciting choreography.  Brilliant staging. A great score which was mostly original music, but in keeping with the spirit of the music used in the TV show and was played by a live band on stage.

Definitely not something you would take your Granny to...or your kids.  But maybe all the better for it.

And the theatre was packed, with a very varied audience.  Well done Rambert for creating something to bring ballet to a wider audience.

• Like 5

My dd came with me, and she has never seen the TV series, but that didn't prevent her thoroughly enjoying the show.  She said it was one of the most original ballet type things she's seen in a long time.  (And it has inspired her to watch the TV series).   I would say it should come with content warnings.  So the only advantage with having seen the TV shows is you have some idea of the type of thing you are likely to be watching.

• Like 3