Ksdance v Morea performing arts

Joanne1

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before. My DD is currently auditioning for post 16 places, she has so far been offered places at Ksdanceย and Morea performing arts. She really likes both Colleges, just wondering what opinions you have, prosand cons for each one. Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, Joanne1 said:

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before. My DD is currently auditioning for post 16 places, she has so far been offered places at Ksdanceย and Morea performing arts. She really likes both Colleges, just wondering what opinions you have, prosand cons for each one. Thanks for reading.

Hi. I've sent you a direct message.

I went to KS Dance but it was some 20 years ago! When I went there was no accommodation and I had to stay with a sympathetic Aunt for a few years! I believe now they have shared houses the students live in but they are not all that close to the school. I do have friends who went on to dance on cruise ships and the like but not many, if any secured west end contracts. It really depends on what you want to aim for. Have you considered Urdang? We were impressed with that for DS. Sorry no experience of Morea. Good luck! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Hiya

DD went to KS, most of the accommodation is within walking distance! Only in last year (yr4 - stayed in cos of covid) was it further away and she had to get a bus. Other 3 years she walked everyday! Loved every minute of KS, in fact still misses it now. Very caring fabulous staff. Would highly recommend ๐Ÿ’—

Hi

DD is a current student at KS.ย  She is having a fantastic time. The days are long and they are worked very hard but she's the happiest she's ever been. She lives in a shared house with other KS students. All the students in her year live between 10 and 20 minutes walk from the school.ย  The teaching faculty have high expectations of the students but they are very caring and supportive. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about KS. I don't have any experience of Morea I'm afraid.

• Like 1

So glad your dd is loving KS! Itโ€™s not praised enough sadly. My dd thrived there having come from 2 other voc schools where her confidence was sadly stripped away.ย 
Dd went for a class there recently before returning to her other course and she was welcomed with open arms, she misses KS so much. ๐Ÿ’—

• 9 months later...