Tring dadas

Dancingpotato

Hi everyone, I know it’s a bit of an impossible question but i was curious to know if anyone had an idea to the funding availability for tring sixth form for those not already in the school? It seems on here to be very limited however we have known quite a few dancers who were successful and were wondering how much it can vary?

Because it is means-tested, it all depends on the amount of funding each individual dancer is entitled to. There is one big pot of DaDa money and it is allocated according to entitlement until it runs out, so some years there may be more funded places available than others. At least that is how the scheme used to work when my dd was auditioning some years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

We were told that they rank everyone in finals and work their way down the list allocating based on the initial Finance information you submit until they allocate all the funds.  The DaDA is great in supporting those on low income but the threshold cut-off at £30k is not as good as MDS.  There are a select few who get offered an MDS for 6th Form - we personally only know of make offers.

8 hours ago, LexBallet said:

That’s interesting.

Does that then mean a self-financing student has greater chance of getting a place? 

They make an offer of a place, either unfunded which you can accept if you can afford it, or you are invited to a funding audition. My dd was offered an unfunded place for Y10, which we were unable to take up. They had a particular shortage of MDS places that year, which are awarded differently to the Dada scheme. She then was offered a Dada place for upper school, but elected to take up a place elsewhere in the end.

Does anyone know how funding works for students that stay on at the school - from Y11 into the upper school?

Does their funding get carried over? And does that mean that there is less funding available for new students into upper school?

Edited by BalletBelle
Typo