Malvern Ballet Seminar April Course 2023

SplitSoul

I have just signed up for my 9 yo daughter to go as a day participant. She was a bit worried about boarding and I ertainly wasn't ready for her to be away from home that long.

Anyone else with a young one going?

She will hopefully have done RAD Gr 3 by April, so wondering how that fits with the standard there?

Both my children attended Malvern. Fantastic teaching in a relaxed, supportive and inclusive environment. Less of a competitive feel compared to some others. I wouldn’t worry about grades etc, they focus on performance, artistry and the love of dance. Lots of fun activities too. Both my children were vocational and felt that Malvern was a place they could rekindle their love and passion for ballet, which sometimes gets a bit tainted at school. Malvern was like visiting family. Everyone is welcomed and valued. 

We either stayed in the local Premier Inn or a lovely AirBnb a short walk away. Malvern is a beautiful place with lots of fabulous walks too.

I hope your Dd enjoys her time there and makes lots of new friends 😊 That is more important than the corrections imo 

• Like 1

I really would not worry mu dd has been going since the age of 8, she will enjoy every second, they really look after every single person who attends and the care they have from them is off the scale - you won’t hear from her as she won’t have time and will be having too much fun, my daughter is going but is now 17 and I really would not worry about it but I know that’s so hard x 

hope she has the time of her life, xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2023 at 15:50, SplitSoul said:

I have just signed up for my 9 yo daughter to go as a day participant. She was a bit worried about boarding and I ertainly wasn't ready for her to be away from home that long.

Anyone else with a young one going?

She will hopefully have done RAD Gr 3 by April, so wondering how that fits with the standard there?

My 9 yo daughter will also be going this April. She will be boarding (she has done that at non-ballet camps before as they start this young in our country). She doesn't do RAD so I can't compare the exam levels for you, but as others have said, I don't think the grade is that important. My girl is happy to hear that there will definitely be another 9 yo - although I think there will be more than just the two of them. I've only ever heard lovely stories about Malvern so I am confident they'll have a great time.