Happy New Year from the Mods!

Dear Members (and lurkers!),

Unbelievably, another year has passed.  What a year it’s been.  It has caused much pain and difficulty for many people worldwide.  Trying to understand it all and navigate through it has been a bit like wading through three feet of mud whilst wearing ski boots. 

As moderators, it hasn’t always been easy to steer a steady course through stormy seas, but we have done our best.  As I reiterate every year, we don’t always get things right, but we do try to be as fair as possible.  We know that sometimes it is frustrating for members when we have to take certain actions, but in these times when everyone is quick to turn to the law or social media as judge and jury we need to be very careful with what we can allow to be visible or posted up, be it words, links, etc.  Most of our members understand this by now and abide by our Acceptable Use Policy.  Sometimes people need a gentle reminder, but this is usually enough.  We thank you all for your understanding and co-operation.

Many of us have been comforted throughout this turbulent year by being able to see beautiful dance, be it live, live-streamed, on TV, or in cinemas.  As ever, it has been fascinating to read everyone’s thoughts on what they have seen, or what they have read, throughout the year.  We deeply appreciate those people who post from outside the UK as most of us cannot get to see these performances.  Thank you to all who share thoughts and information about companies worldwide.  We look forward to more next year.

Aside from thoughts on performances, we have had fascinating discussions on all things ballet/dance; please keep the ideas coming for these exchanges of views.  We have had serious discussions and amusing ones….everything is welcome.  At the moment, light-heartedness is of particular value!

We will also give our usual special mention to the Doing Dance area of the forum.  As ever, we are always so impressed with the help, information and experiences shared that this close-knit group has given each other through the year.  Guiding your child through the morass of serious ballet training can be bewildering and difficult, so a huge thanks to you all for the support you extend to others. 

Finally, thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all forum members, especially those who contribute their thoughts and ideas so regularly.  Whether you are a frequent writer, or an occasional one, or even a lurker…we very much appreciate all you do to ensure the continuing success of this forum as a platform for many of us to share our thoughts, impressions and feelings about what brings us together:  the beauty of ballet and dance and our love for it.  Without all of you, life would be a much duller place for we balletomanes, and the forum would not be the place for the vivacious exchange of ideas that it is today.  Long may it continue!

It just remains for all of us to wish all of you and your families a very peaceful, happy and fulfilling New Year.  May it be a good one, filled with the artform that we all cherish and hold so dear.

With best wishes,

Sim, Jan, Ian, Lee, Dave, Alison and Anna

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Lovely words, Sim ❤️ Wishing you, all the mods and other forum members a happy, safe and healthy New Year, full of amazing ballet/dance experiences. Summoning up the courage to emerge from lurking, to joining the forum and posting was one of my best decisions of 2022 - I have enjoyed reading all members' ideas, thoughts, reviews, considerable knowledge and experiences so much. Thank you again for all you, and the mods,  do. :) 

• Like 5

A very Happy New Year to all the Mods and Forum users!!
Here’s hoping 2023 brings you joy and time to connect with your passions in Life and of course at least a few trips to see some Ballet and Dance! 

• Like 4

I love this Forum, it gives me such pleasure but also wonderful to be able to dip in and out as the mood takes me. Huge thanks to the moderators. 

To all the lurkers out there - be brave! The more the merrier. The awesome knowledge of some of those who post can be intimidating but don't let it put you off. We are all ballet lovers. 

• Like 6