Ballet Injuries questionnaire

JemmaAshton

I am currently studying BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy at the University of Gloucestershire and am in my third and final year of study. As part of this year, I am required to write a dissertation and for this I shall be investigating the incidence of injuries in ballet dancers.

For this, I am looking for ballet dancers; teachers and students, over the age of 18 years, who have danced ballet for a minimum of 2 years. Those who are willing to take part in my study will need to fill in an online questionnaire about their ballet participation and if relevant, the injuries they have sustained over the past 12 months. Involvement is completely voluntary and all questionnaires are kept entirely anonymous.

Ballet dancers that have not sustained any injuries in the past 12 months are still invited to partake in this study as their response is still important.

Participants will be asked about personal details, ballet history and details of any ballet injuries sustained in the past year. All questionnaires will be kept completely confidential and only used for research purposes. This study has been reviewed and approved on ethical grounds by the University of Gloucestershire. The questionnaire should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.

If you are willing to take part in this study, the website and password to the questionnaire is shown below.

URL: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ballet_injuries

Password: ballet

Thank you very much for your help.

My son did a similar subject for his level 6 diploma project - but looking more specifically at male dancers :) .

I'll ask my two dancing children (one dd professional, and one dd recreational) to do it for you. They've both had injuries this year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...