Merry Christmas from the Mods!

Dear Members (and lurkers!),

On this 11th birthday of the Forum, we want to wish each and every one of you a very merry and peaceful Christmas (or, if you don't celebrate, a very happy holiday season).  We hope that you will all be able to celebrate with friends and family despite the current trials and tribulations (in the UK).

On behalf of the Moderators, we send you our very best and warmest wishes.

Sim B-D

Chair

BalletcoForum Committee

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Sim and all moderators, and thank you also to Janet and Ian for posting the press releases and dance links, and to all forum members who have posted useful information and news from transport updates to cast changes to tv listings to reviews to photos etc etc. Wishing you all a peaceful and happy festive season and lots more glorious dance. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 14

A big thank you and merry Christmas to all of the moderators for everything they do and the time that they give to enable us all to use and enjoy this wonderful Forum. I wish all ballet co members a merry Christmas and happy ballet watching!! 

• Like 8

Happy Christmas to all the moderators who do so much to make this forum so excellent, and to all the members especially those who share their thoughts, opinions and information and so enrich all of our lives so much. Thank you! May the forum continue to flourish in 2023.

• Like 11

Wishing all the Mods a very Happy Christmas and a big Thankyou for all the work you do to keep this Forum the wonderful place it is to read and air comments on all things Ballet and Dance!! 
And Happy Christmas to all the Forum contributors too so many of whom now seem like friends even though we have never met a real sort of Ballet family!  

• Like 10

Many thanks Mods and I very much share all the sentiments above. Ballet Forum provides so much: an exchange of views conducted with enthusiasm and civility; real expertise and insight; entertainment, including much laughter; fabulous photos; and friendship, both virtual and in the theatre. Happy Christmas all.

• Like 10

Yes,many many thanks to the Mods for all the hard work they do on our behalf all year round. It's really appreciated.  It's so grateful to have somewhere to go to discuss ballet and many of the posters are like friends even though we may never have met. Some posters have become friends after messaging and then meeting up and that's really wonderful. 

I think back with horror to the mercifully brief period 11 years ago (?) when we were briefly without a Forum and life just wasn't the same. I hadn't realised how much I had taken the Forum for granted for information, discussion  chat and so much more until it wasn't there. How would I find out what was going on? Who could I discuss performances with? Mercifully the moderators sorted everything and a new Forum was born and has continued ever since. I'm so thankful to them and everyone responsible for setting up the Forum and making it a safe, friendly place for everyone to participate in and enjoy. 

Merry Christmas, and a happy, balletic 2023 for everyone. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

So far as this forum is concerned, it was a team effort.

For the record and to put more clothes on Alison's words, I registered the name of the forum, selected the forum technology supplier, set it all up and paid all the bills for several months. I think I said I would pay the bills for 3 months but in the end paid for 5. It was set up in broadly the same way as the old forum and I moderated (alone) at first. I appointed/cajoled a group of users, which you kindly chaired Lee, to see if the community could take things forward from this point on and in the end the group, who now for the most part constitute the moderators, decided they could - it's a great thing they do. And gradually there was handover of running the forum, in a day to day sense, to John Mallinson (RIP).  

People indeed have great reason to thank the moderators for providing an essentially free way to exchange views and thoughts - running a forum is not at all the easy thing it may seem to some, or as easy as you think it will be when you start!

Lee/The committee also sorted out a firm legal basis for the forum and a bank account etc so money could be gathered at times and bills paid on more than the generosity of one person. And the mods went on to refine the Acceptable Use Policy and rise to new challenges of which there will have been many I'm sure.

Having more than done my bit in running the old forum and initially founding things here, I'm very, very, happy that others steer things forward and keep the plates spinning, year in year out, to the joy of many. I say again, it's a great thing they do.

• Like 15

A very Merry Christmas to the Mods and all other members and wishing you all a very happy New Year.

This site has provided sanity, interest and happiness in a very uncertain year. 🥰

• Like 6

Thanks for the clarification Bruce and for everything you did to get it all going. We wouldn't be here now without you. You did an incredible thing, starting the original Forum and we all owe you a great debt of gratitude.  I knew you were involved in founding the original forum but didn't know to what extent, as then I was very new to the Forum, so it's good to know how much work and financial commitment you put into the original Forum as well as your involvement in this one. Well done you to have the vision to establish and create a great international Forum that brings so much pleasure to so many people and long may it continue to do so.

• Like 9

Happy Christmas to the Moderators of the forum and all the contributors who make it such an interesting, enjoyable, amusing and informative place. Various ailments mean my days of attending performances seem to be over but it's lovely to be able to keep in touch with what's  happening. Thank you to everyone.

• Like 5

Coming in late (it's been hectic travelling in my world) a really sincere & heartfelt thank you for all you do as Moderators and generally all-round fab human beings! I have reason to know directly of your kindness & efficiency in running this space for us.

• Like 3