Justin Bickle Announced As New Chairman of English National Ballet

I just found this on the ENB website via twitter

Justin Bickle Announced As New Chairman of English National Ballet

English National Ballet is pleased to announce the appointment of Justin Bickle as its new Chairman. Justin, who is a Managing Director at Oaktree Capital Management in London, replaces outgoing Chairman John Talbot. Justin is also joining the English National Ballet School Board of Governors.

Justin Bickle said: “I am delighted and honoured to become Chairman of English National Ballet and am very grateful for the trust placed in me by the Board. On behalf of the entire Company I would like to pay tribute to my immediate predecessor John Talbot for his exceptional service over the past twenty two years, including the last ten as Chairman. I am particularly fortunate to take over as Chairman during Tamara Rojo’s first season as Artistic Director. Tamara’s appointment has re-invigorated the Company and her mission to make dance relevant, accessible and entertaining while maintaining the highest of artistic standards, gives the Company a unique opportunity to engage with audiences in innovative ways, both in the UK and overseas.

Under Tamara and incoming Chief Executive Karen Napier, the Company will be led by a formidable and accomplished team. Karen’s goal to create a culture of operational excellence within the Company to harness Tamara’s artistic vision will make English National Ballet a very exciting company to work for in the coming years. I look forward to supporting Tamara and Karen as they create a world class organisation.”

Justin will work alongside Tamara Rojo, who joined as Artistic Director in September 2012, to implement the strategy and artistic vision of the company; to turn English National Ballet into England’s most creative and most loved ballet company, embracing and commissioning brave new works whilst keeping the classics relevant. English National Ballet will build on its great tradition to nourish artists be they dancers, choreographers, composers, designers or teachers.

Ed Williams, UK Chief Executive of Edelman, succeeds Justin as Deputy Chairman of the current Board of Governors which also includes:

Wendy Becker

Carol Brigstocke

The Baroness de Mandat Grancey

Aideen Masterson

Cecilia McAnulty

Paula Ridley

Sir Norman Rosenthal

Steve Sacks

Duncan Weston

http://www.ballet.or...013_11_1_12.pdf

• Like 1