FREE livestreams

10 minutes ago, Sophoife said:

If you move down the home page they're all available as individual videos. I can't watch one long programme either. I did have to create a RaiPlay account though.

I’ve just tried that and the individual videos are there but they still won’t play for me. I think a VPN would be the only answer. Unless they get added to Instagram or YouTube as the Spring Waters already has.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Balletfanp said:

I’ve just tried that and the individual videos are there but they still won’t play for me. I think a VPN would be the only answer. Unless they get added to Instagram or YouTube as the Spring Waters already has.

I did start my post by saying "with a (free) VPN..." - the RaiPlay videos only play if the app thinks you are in Italy, so a VPN is essential unless of course you actually are in Italy 😉🇮🇹

On 20/12/2022 at 23:35, Naomi M said:

Polish National Ballet's Giselle, Maina Gielgud's production will be streamed from December 26th  15:00 CET and available until 26 July 2022

This is Giselle performed by the Polish National Ballet. It features the wonderful Chinara Alizade, formerly from the Bolshoi.

I highly recommend her dancing at 9:00, 35:30 and 1:35:00. Also her very fine expressiveness, emanating from her face, is most touching to me at the very end, 1:48:20.

The entire company, new to me, has a very nice and airy quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4HIbwU7YzE&t=4s

• Like 1

I put this in the calendar, but here is a friendly reminder:

Not dance, but free livestream 

this Friday, January 20, 2023, 7pm local time Munich

Conversation is in English

Free Live talk about the recent new programme "Tchaikovsky Ouvertures" by Alexei Ratmansky with 2 dancers of Bayerisches Staatsballett, hosted by Salon Luitpold, Munich:

Julian McKay
Jeanette Kakareka (Zhang)
moderated by Serge Honegger (dramaturgy Staatsballett Munich) 

Link:
https://www.cafe-luitpold.de/salon-luitpold-20-01-2023-1900-2030-uhr/

I will post the actual link to the livestream as soon as it is available.

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Finnish National Ballet's website is streaming Liam Scarlett's Carmen.  It appears to have been recorded a couple of days ago (January 21)  and, according to the website, it will remain available for streaming until May 20:

https://oopperabaletti.fi/en/stage24/carmen-ballet-recording/

Maybe somebody could add this to the Upcoming Events?  I've forgotten how to do this and haven't been able to find the instructions.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tokyo City Ballet’s full length Swan Lake is currently streaming (until January 31)

Inoue Ballet’s A Gift from Denmark is also steaming till January 31. (Bournonville program, including a technique and mime demonstration led by Henning Albrechtsen, the second act of La Sylphide and the pas de six and tarantella from Napoli)

Tokyo Ballet’s Nutcracker will be streamed from January 30th till February 5th

https://japan-ballet.com/ac/videos/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Sorry, Alison, but I've searched everywhere for the 'calendar tab' you mention and have been unable to find it.  Maybe you could post the Finnish National Ballet's Liam Scarlett Carmen for me?

You can also do it through the "Create New" tab and then "Event". You also have to be signed in.

The Prix De Lausanne Gala will be streamed free on Sunday 5th February 2023 at 4.30pm Lausanne time on Medici and Mezzo tv and PdL website 

https://www.prixdelausanne.org/live-streaming/

GALA PROGRAMME:

Alina Cojocaru and Friedemann Vogel
Lady of the Camellias
Choreographer: John Neumeier
Music: Frédéric Chopin

Laura Fernandez and Xander Parish
Closure
Choreographer: Juliano Nunez
Music: Franz Schubert

Matthew Ball 
Dance of the Blessed Spirits
Choreographer: Frederick Ashton
Music: Christophe Willibald von Gluck

Madison Young and Julian Mackay
Giselle
Choreographer: Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot
Music: Adolphe Adam

Marcelo Gomes and Alejandro Azorin
Faun(e) 
Choreographer: David Dawson
Music: Claude Debussy

Elisa Badenes and Vadim Montagirov
Black Swan pas de deux 

Choreographer: Marius Petipa
Music: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Maria Kochetkova
27 Zero 
Choreographer: Ella Rothschild
Music: Franz Schubert

Partner School Choreographic Project
BOLD
Choreographer: Goyo Montero
Music: Owen Belton and Claudio Frasseto

Marcelino Sambé and Francesca Hayward
The Dream pas de deux
Choreographer: Frederick Ashton
Music: Felix Mendelssohn

Steven McRae
Czardas
Choreographer: Steven McRae
Music: Vittorio Monti

Mayara Magri and Victor Caixeta
Don Quixote
Choreographer: Marius Petipa
Music: Ludwig Minkus

Alejandro Azorin
Solo 01: 3 Parts Ligeti
Choreographer: Houston Thomas
Music: György Ligeti

Precious Adams and Eric Snyder
This Bitter Earth
Choreographer: Christopher Wheeldon
Music: Max Richter, Clyde Otis, interprété par Dinah Washington de la bande originale du film Shutter Island Max Richter, Clyde Otis, performed by Dinah Washington from the motion picture soundtrack for Shutter Island

Mackenzie Brown
Limelight
Choreographer: Katarzyna Kozielska
Music: New Tango Orquestra

Margarita Fernandes and Antonio Casalinho
Diana and Actaeon 
Choreographer: Agrippina Vaganova
Music: Cesare Pugni and Riccardo Drigo

Mizuka Ueno
Dying Swan
Choreographer: Michel Fokine
Music: Camille Saint-Saëns

Olga Smirnova and Victor Caixeta
Nutcracker pas de deux
Choreographer: Jean-Christophe Maillot
Music: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Edited by FionaE
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Neither free  nor a livestream but I didn't know where else to put it and its not worth starting a separate thread. Just had an email from Trafalgar Studios that my favourite musical, Anything Goes, is at the cinema again on Mar 15th and 19th. Original film and cast starring Sutton Foster and Robert Lindsey that was shown on BBC4. It is still on iplayer but I might be tempted to see it on the big screen despite the horrendous price the Odeon charges for their event cinema broadcasts. It's such a feelgood musical and at least I don't have to worry about trains to see it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again not a livestream as such but what looks like a traditional Russian folk tale sort of ballet, Shurale, on YouTube. A bit like Legend of Love. Very clear recording. May be worth a look if you like those sort of ballets. Some very vibrant, colourful village scenes. Mods, please remove this entry if contravenes anything. You could always find it by doing a YouTube search. There are several but this one by Kazan Opera Ballet looks by far the best physical quality.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't know how long it'll be up but Teatro Massimo di Palermo production of Le Corsaire with Maia Makhateli and Jakob Feyferlik is on their youtube channel.

Edited by myrtle
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zurich Ballet wil stream Christian Spuck's Romeo and Juliet for free from May 13 to May 20 on their website. It's a farewell gift to the audience as Spuck is leaving Zurich for Berlin State Ballet. I suppose it's the official recording from 2019 with Katja Wünsche and William Moore.

https://www.opernhaus.ch/en/spielplan/calendar/nachtkino-romeo-und-julia/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5