FREE livestreams

I’m starting a new topic for livestreams that are offered free of charge.  There are plenty of companies offering pay-to-view online but precious few offering free ones.  

Münich, Vienna, and Argentina are the ones I’ve noticed.  The livestreams from Teatro Colon in Argentina are live only at the time of performance.  

The next free offering I know of is today …

CINDERELLA

Bayerisches Staatsballett, Münich 

Available for 24 hours from 4pm CET 🇩🇪 on 19.11.22

“The Bavarian State Ballet is in your home this weekend! For 24 hours, you can watch Christopher Wheeldon's CINDERELLA at home on the couch, in bed, eating or wherever! Enjoy Madison Young as Cinderella, Julian MacKay as Prince, Maria Chiara Bono as Stepmother, Elvina Ibraimova & Bianca Teixeira as Stepsisters, and Shale Wagman as Benjamin. To be seen on the State Opera. tv

Video on demand starts sat 19th November 16h available for 24h. The show was held on the 13th November 2022”

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClI9urKuj2X/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

PNB - Crystal Pite's The Seasons Cannon. Free until Monday 21st November. Saw this on fb but not sure how to post the link.

Following the Facebook link...https://bit.ly/RepIITheSeasonsCanon  not coming up as free for me ($35 US) but I'm probably doing it wroing....

Edited by oncnp

3 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Sorry - I must have misread on my phone.  Looked again just now and it is for purchase.

You didn't misread - the last Facebook post doesn't say anything about the fee, just the link

Not sure whether this will work in the UK - it's a new documentary now streaming on arte for the newt 4 weeks on the complex subject of dancers and ageing. Among others it features Polina Semionova, Friedemann Vogel, William Moore (now retired from Zurich ballet), Gesine Moog.

At the moment it's available in German or French only.

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/106183-000-A/dance-on-zwischen-applaus-und-abschied/

More information on the documentary in English can be found here.

http://www.bfmi.at/documentary_dance_on.html

5 hours ago, Christine said:

Not sure whether this will work in the UK - it's a new documentary now streaming on arte for the newt 4 weeks on the complex subject of dancers and ageing. Among others it features Polina Semionova, Friedemann Vogel, William Moore (now retired from Zurich ballet), Gesine Moog.

At the moment it's available in German or French only.

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/106183-000-A/dance-on-zwischen-applaus-und-abschied/

More information on the documentary in English can be found here.

http://www.bfmi.at/documentary_dance_on.html

Thank you very much, Christine! It works in the U.K. Always a pleasure to see Polina and Friedmann’s dancing. I don’t know the others well, but it looks fascinating, even if I can only get it mostly in German. (I can catch a bit of Polina’s answers in English.)

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Dance On" the documentary on arte shedding some light on the subject of  ageing and when to retire from the stage for dancers is now availabe with English subtitles, too (if you have the chance to watch arte)

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/106183-000-A/dance-on/

It provides some fascinating insights and interviews with dancers, some famous, some less so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

From @Angela and free to watch (at least in UK) on the link she provides:

The new filming of John Cranko's "The Taming of the Shrew" will be on arte tv in the night from 18th to 19 December at 00.10 CET, and available online until 16th January.

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/104474-000-A/the-taming-of-the-shrew/

Cast:

Elisa Badenes

Jason Reilly

Veronika Verterich

Martí Fernández Paixá

Alessandro Giaquinto

Fabio Adorisio

The DVD should be available now also.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not a livestream as such so apologies for mentioning them here (especially if I've mentioned them somewhere previously) but the Ashton Foundation YouTube channel have recently posted 2 recent masterclasses on their website; one of Daichi Ikarashi being coached by Wayne Sleep as the Blue Boy in Les Patineurs and another one where Leticia Dias is coached in the solo from Les Rendezvous by Merle Parke. Both really interesting and entertaining, especially for Ashton enthusiasts. There are also other previous masterclasses available there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18kr_BHPuU&t=554s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mib9bxGQz7k&t=703s

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Had an email from Paris Opera Ballet today. Apparently they're relaunching a new website and are offering the Nureyev Romeo as a free inducement if you create a new account. Haven't actually tried it so I don't know if it's just creating an account (no payment upfront) but that's what it sounds like. Anyway, I'll copy the letter so if anyone wants to try you can. The letter link is below

Dear spectators,

We are pleased to present you the new website for l’Opéra chez soi. As a celebratory gift, we offer you access to the ballet Romeo and Juliet by Rudolf Nureyev.

To access the show, we invite you to create a new account, which will allow you to connect to the entire Paris Opera ecosystem.

Enter the code ROMEOV2 to watch the show for free. See you soon on l’Opéra chez soi.

https://infos.operadeparis.fr/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=PlkPoUE9Qp02n3pCmtiEk%2BXOSRts58cy0IJM17r0_R9CzeE5GuFN%2BggabVRc_c4K7V4L3PssizxRzzSnGeLFR1uLmWCjU

Edited by jmhopton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Les Étoiles”, produced by Daniele Cipriani, for ITsART gathers together the most iconic and exciting moments of Les Étoiles, Rome’s most keenly-awaited dance shows, a glittering cast of ballet stars in a rich and virtuoso programme of jumps and pirouettes taken principally from the classic repertory. Les Étoiles’ internationalism is the show’s leitmotif and reflects that special character that makes dance the model for an ideal society and world.

Free but you do have to register

Les Étoiles Streaming - Watch for in HD for free - ITsART Italian Art and Culture

With a (free) VPN and the RaiPlay (Italy) app, Roberto Bolle's Danza Con Me New Year's extravaganza is available to view for no cost.

It includes such gems as

- the Dying Swan of the Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo

- Diana and Act[a]eon (Vaganova/Petipa) Fumi Kaneko (who is stunning in that scarlet tunic) and Bolle

- Merry Widow (Ronald Hynd not Haydn as the caption has it) final pdd Marianela Nuñez and Bolle

- Cinderella (Nureyev) Virna Toppi and Bolle

Sleeping Beauty (not sure) Yasmine Naghdi and Bolle

Thaïs (Roland Petit) Maria Eichwald and Bolle

- Onegin (Cranko) mirror pdd Nuñez and Bolle

Infra (Wayne McGregor) Melissa Hamilton and Bolle

- Spring Waters (Asaf Messerer) Kaneko and Bolle (which to be frank I've seen done with a lot more brio than this but hey he works very hard and he is heading fast for 50)

Plus a bunch of talking and more non-ballet dancing.

Curated audience all in white. Explanations in Italian for each piece. As usual, very well put together. Other years no longer available unfortunately.

Edited by Sophoife
  • Like 2

Well, I downloaded the app but the options available to watch faded out the Bolle programme as being unavailable .

But I hadn’t got the free VPN as I’ve no idea how to obtain one! Any advice anyone, please?

BTW - Spring Waters is available in its entirety  on Twitter.

On 31/12/2022 at 15:01, oncnp said:

“Les Étoiles”, produced by Daniele Cipriani, for ITsART gathers together the most iconic and exciting moments of Les Étoiles, Rome’s most keenly-awaited dance shows, a glittering cast of ballet stars in a rich and virtuoso programme of jumps and pirouettes taken principally from the classic repertory. Les Étoiles’ internationalism is the show’s leitmotif and reflects that special character that makes dance the model for an ideal society and world.

Free but you do have to register

Les Étoiles Streaming - Watch for in HD for free - ITsART Italian Art and Culture

I have just spent a miserable 50 minutes trying to access Les Etoiles. Although you say it's free, after registering, and the website claims it's free in fact you have to buy or rent- as I eventually discovered after waiting 20 minutes or so for advice from their chat-box.

2 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

I have just spent a miserable 50 minutes trying to access Les Etoiles. Although you say it's free, after registering, and the website claims it's free in fact you have to buy or rent- as I eventually discovered after waiting 20 minutes or so for advice from their chat-box.

Odd - I just checked again and it is still free. 

Edited by oncnp

8 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Odd - I just checked again and it is still free. 

Yes, it's very odd as it states clearly on the website that it's free- rather misleading as I commented in my reply to them.

But many thanks for the tip-off- even though it didn't work for me.

I have just this moment had a further message from them, a different person (if the chat was a person!) saying there are 2 online versions- one of which IS free, giving me the link. Unfortunately I'm too technically challenged to give the link here, can only do it by forwarding the email. If any one is very keen, message me with your email and I'll forward it.

Update- I have watched the link they sent me but it does not appear to be the one oncnp mentioned, which is relatively recent and includes Osipova. Fumi, Maia Makhateli, Eleanora Abbagnato, none of which are on the link I was sent, The Best of the Etoiles, from 2018, 2019 and especially 2020. It starts and ends with Nela and Vadim (Sleeping Beauty and Corsaire), plus the wonderful Kimin Kim in Bayadere, Vadim Shkiyarov, Jacopo Tissi, among others (the men are better than the women although Iana Salenko is good with Kim).

So I still don't know how to get for free the Etoiles  video that oncnp recommends!

3 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

Update- I have watched the link they sent me but it does not appear to be the one oncnp mentioned, which is relatively recent and includes Osipova. Fumi, Maia Makhateli, Eleanora Abbagnato, none of which are on the link I was sent, The Best of the Etoiles, from 2018, 2019 and especially 2020. It starts and ends with Nela and Vadim (Sleeping Beauty and Corsaire), plus the wonderful Kimin Kim in Bayadere, Vadim Shkiyarov, Jacopo Tissi, among others (the men are better than the women although Iana Salenko is good with Kim).

So I still don't know how to get for free the Etoiles  video that oncnp recommends!

I'm sorry this isn't working for you...the one I linked to was last year with Kaneko/Muntagirov  in the Swan Lake pdds (including the couture costumes and fragrances which got almost as much attention as the dancers)

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

m sorry this isn't working for you...the one I linked to was last year with Kaneko/Muntagirov  in the Swan Lake pdds (including the couture costumes and fragrances which got almost as much attention as the dancers)

This one definitely is free via the ItsART app - I signed up when it was advertised as available months ago and am still able to watch it. The Etoiles gala before that with Nunez and Muntagirov is also available.

Incidentally, the couture costumes worn by Kaneko and Muntagirov were pretty appalling. Kaneko’s Black Swan tutu would have been beautiful just as a piece of couture, but as a tutu to dance in…. no! I’m not sure how Vadim managed to partner her at all with the big stiff skirt holding him at a distance and getting in the way. His costume was OK but looked far too plain beside Fumi’s. As for the White Swan outfits - lots of white frills for Fumi (not remotely swanlike!) and an awful monstrosity of a tunic for Vadim that seemed ill-fitting and with a frill around his neck that was reminiscent of a jester. If that was couture you can keep it! A reminder that couture designers should probably stick to the day job and steer clear of designing ballet costumes….

Despite these drawbacks, they both danced magnificently!

Edited by Balletfanp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Balletfanp said:

and an awful monstrosity of a tunic for Vadim that seemed ill-fitting and with a frill around his neck that was reminiscent of a jester. If that was couture you can keep it! A reminder that couture designers should probably stick to the day job and steer clear of designing ballet costumes….

Despite these drawbacks, they both danced magnificently!

reminded me of  Pedrolino  from Commedia dell'arte,

4 hours ago, capybara said:

Well, I downloaded the app but the options available to watch faded out the Bolle programme as being unavailable .

But I hadn’t got the free VPN as I’ve no idea how to obtain one! Any advice anyone, please?

BTW - Spring Waters is available in its entirety  on Twitter.

If you move down the home page they're all available as individual videos. I can't watch one long programme either. I did have to create a RaiPlay account though.

The free VPN depends on where you are in the world and what platform you are using to view the content (TV, PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone or tablet). DM me, @capybara, and I'll walk you through it.