ENBS Spring Course

Guesty

Hello everyone, hope you are well.

Is anyones DC going to the ENBS Spring Course? If so, have you found any accomodation close by? I would love to find a nice family for my daughter to stay with for 3 nights ideally!

If anyone else is going - what are you doing for accomodation?

I shall email ENBS tomorrow - they have a list according to the letter but thought I would check on here too.

Kindest,

Hello Guesty. My DD plus friend are going but I can't help on accommodation as we live close enough for train travel to and from each day. They're very much looking forward to it as they have not done any summer or spring courses before and are missing school for three days ...

Yes - its not our half term either but she really want to go and experience it and I was too late getting the application in for the Jan 2nd Day. I am sure it will be a wonderful few days! Lucky them!

My daughter is going. I went on London Town.com and put in the name of the road ENB Is on. A list of hotels then came up with various prices and the walking distance from ENB! Which I though was great :) I then chose a hotel then went on different sites to find the best price for the hotel. My daughter is really looking forward to it as she has never done anything at ENB in London before.

• Like 1

My daughter is going. I went on London Town.com and put in the name of the road ENB Is on. A list of hotels then came up with various prices and the walking distance from ENB! Which I though was great :) I then chose a hotel then went on different sites to find the best price for the hotel. My daughter is really looking forward to it as she has never done anything at ENB in London before.

• 4 weeks later...

My dd found the ballet training very hard yesterday for this course she thought all the other girls seems more advanced and able to cope with it so its been a eye opener for her but I wondered if anyone else has had feedback from dd's on this?  Its said interfoundation and above on the application details but seems more advanced thatn this?  It may just have been the shock of being out of her comfort zone as not done any associates or summer schools before but I'd be interested to know how others getting on?

T

Hi Tulte,

My dd loved it yesterday and was so looking forward to today. She is about to take her Intermediate though (and also goes to Advanced 1 classes in parallel) so maybe it was at Intermediate level?

She is an Associate though and their work is non-syllabus so perhaps that helps?

Dd said the teachers are very nice though and the group seems to be a nice size so I'm sure your dd will be fine. Hope she enjoys today. :-)

Hi Spanner&p - I think not having done associates etc will have made a difference for my D as I guess with associates they get used to different teaching styles and training with a range other  children who have been selected in some way to be there... My D does an lot of syllabus work we can be repitive and slow going.

Either way this course is a  good experience for my d and it'll either motivate her to do more or to pull back a bit and just enjoy what she does already. 

Glad your DD is enjoying it and I hope you get to see the work they have been doing tomorrow- I'm sorry I won't be able to be there.

• Like 1

Hi livingonaprayer

Glad to hear its going well for yr dd . Much more positive reports from my dd today who seems to have got over the initial shock and is coming to terms with being bottom of class! Learning a lot. Shame we're missing the viewing- work just gets in the way sometimes!

• Like 1

As did mine Amethyst. :-)

I was so impressed with the course, and particularly the professional way in which the classwork and repertoire was presented. The certificates were a lovely touch too.

Oops - edited to add that she did her first ever piece of partnering as she was one of the tallest in Blue Group - so that was novel!

Dd enjoyed every minute of it and has asked to do the course again next year. :-)

• Like 2