English National Ballet Raymonda Casting 22/23

23 hours ago, LinMM said:

I’d love to see Lauretta Summerscales again! I wonder if she will do an occasional guest spot when the new Director comes in although she looks very busy over there in Munich! 
I can’t say I like the dancing of Natascha Mair to date at any rate having seen her twice now but she is pretty strong so could probably cope with Swan Lake. 

I think she might return as a guest to do Raymonda, which she hasn’t danced before, but possibly not Clara and Odette/Odile.....especially at quite a high volume time like December and January. But their Raymondas are actually well covered, and in theory, Mair could actually cover an extra show for Takahashi if she’s still injured/unwell/unavailable, as could Oliveira and Hawes.

17 hours ago, FionaE said:

@EmeraldsMünich have their own Raymonda (by Ray Barra) which Lauretta has performed.  And with a new director and her own baby I’d think she’s probably fully occupied.  

Yes, I agree she’s unlikely to come over at this time (thought I mentioned her baby and only having just returned to dancing this season but maybe it got deleted when my device was being temperamental). That’s great that she’s already danced Raymonda in Munich’s production- thank you for the update!  I wonder if ENB will indeed get a guest artist or two for Swan Lake and/or Nutcracker, and hopefully Brooklyn Mack has been asked to perform in one or both ballets as well.