Lucian Freud exhibition at the National Gallery (cheap option!)

postie

I noticed the new Freud exhibition at the National Gallery is £26, or £24 concessions. If, however, you can on a Friday evening after 5.30pm there is a  'pay what you can afford' option. You do need to book (see below). Availability is currently good but probably not for long The National shuts at 9pm.

One or two reviewers seem more interested in the labels alongside the exhibits but .... the art is the art.

>> Fridays after 5.30 https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/exhibitions/the-credit-suisse-exhibition-lucian-freud-new-perspectives

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are a fairly regular visit to galleries, museums, exhibitions etc then I would recommend becoming a member of the Art Fund (formerly the National Art Collections Fund) as this gives significant reductions on ticket prices (particularly, though not exclusively for the national museums and galleries). Its membership card is now called the National Art Pass.

The Freud exhibition at the National Gallery is £13 for holders of the Pass. Details below- 

https://www.artfund.org/national-art-pass

(p.s. I am member of the Fund and have been for years)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beryl H said:

I was reading about this exhibition, it looks good but I would probably have to combine seeing it in the afternoon with a ballet performance in the evening, especially as it's close to Covent Garden.

Indeed. It's a 10-15 minute stroll to the Covent Garden piazza entrance of the ROH.

Bother Mayerling and La Boheme are 7.30pm kick-offs so a 5.30pm ticket at the National Gallery could work. With so many West End performances in the neighbourhood those Friday 5.30 tickets seem to be the first to go.

Edited by postie
  • Thanks 1