• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/09/2022 at 19:27, capybara said:

Yes, it was filmed with Hirata and Dingman during the February run in Birmingham.

😀

Could this be it? Here’s my post from the Don Q thread at the time:

Last night’s BRB Don Quixote (Hirata/Dingman/Lawrence/Kurihara) was being filmed for future broadcast. I chatted to one of the cameramen who, it turns out, regularly films these kind of productions (ROH, NT etc). He couldn’t confirm where or when it might appear. It could be streamed directly by BRB or broadcast by SkyArts or the BBC.
it was a delightfully sunny and joyous performance, improved and finessed immeasurably in so many subtle ways since I saw it in Southampton. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • alison changed the title to BRB's Don Quixote in cinemas

This appears to be Picturehouses' limited selection:

https://www.picturehouses.com/movie-details/000/HO00012167/carlos-acosta-s-don-quixote

I gave up with Odeon's new website - it's hopeless:

https://www.odeon.co.uk/films/carlos-acostas-don-quixote/HO00003421/

Vue:

https://www.myvue.com/event/carlos-acostas-don-quixote

Everyman don't appear to have any showings

6 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

Very limited screenings in Wales - one in Cardiff is all I can find. My nearest screening is over 60 miles away in Telford!

That's only 97km. My nearest cinema for ROH/POB/La Scala/anything else is 340km (about 212 miles) each way. And I don't live in Outback Australia, just on the major Melbourne-Sydney highway.

17 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Has anyone had any luck actually fondly g a cinema screening this? On the search I can’t find anywhere for the supposed Nov 6th Encore….

I've tried near me and the Vue cinemas at Southport,  Cleveleys   Altrincham and Bolton are showing it at 3pm Nov 6th, though not Preston.

I searched under Carlos Acosta's Don Quixote on the BRB website. It defaults to Westminster screenings but just cross that out and substitute your area.

14 hours ago, FionaE said:

Any ideas where I can get the full cast list?

Unfortunately, it wasn't online.  If what was shown had gone beyond Kitri, Basilio and Don Quixote (i.e. told us who was performing Espada and Mercedes, at the very least), it might have made the difference between me trailing up to London or not.  I'm still disappointed that, while there were a few screenings in South-West and North London, there was nothing at all in my neck of the woods, despite the fact that I would normally have the choice of at least half-a-dozen possible cinemas for live relays :( 

2 hours ago, alison said:

Unfortunately, it wasn't online.  If what was shown had gone beyond Kitri, Basilio and Don Quixote (i.e. told us who was performing Espada and Mercedes, at the very least), it might have made the difference between me trailing up to London or not.  I'm still disappointed that, while there were a few screenings in South-West and North London, there was nothing at all in my neck of the woods, despite the fact that I would normally have the choice of at least half-a-dozen possible cinemas for live relays :( 

I’ve written to my preferred local cinema who also didn’t show it

14 hours ago, jmhopton said:

I've tried near me and the Vue cinemas at Southport,  Cleveleys   Altrincham and Bolton are showing it at 3pm Nov 6th, though not Preston.

I searched under Carlos Acosta's Don Quixote on the BRB website. It defaults to Westminster screenings but just cross that out and substitute your area.

Thank you…. I tried this but still no luck….. maybe nothing south of the midlands??? Do they think BRB equals Midlands & North & RB London & South???? Crazy if so….