Royal Ballet - 2012/13 booking period 4 - casting

You have some principals that hardly seem to dance at all and are, to my knowledge, injury free, in both the male and female ranks, so it does seem bizarre that the RB are getting guest dancers in, and giving some dancers loads of work and others hardly any at all. 

I kind of hope they don't get any more principals, and allow some of the younger dancers, or older ones that have often been overlooked (Gartside, for instance) the chance to dance some of the lead roles. 

Edited by chrischris

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that these things happen but I’m desperately disappointed that I won’t get to see Alina and Rupert doing the slow movement in Symphony in C, something I’ve been looking forward to since the casting was announced on the strength of their wonderful performances together in Diamonds.  They are both such favourites of mine …  :( 

More cast changes. Federico, Alina and Rupert out of Symphony in C. Federico was supposed to be dancing a Manon PDD with Tamara at a gala in Paris tonight, but I guess that isn't happening now either.

Further to this, Federico apparently did perform with Rojo tonight, so not sure what injury is keeping him from Symphony in C