Royal Ballet - 2012/13 booking period 4 - casting

Casting for the new McGregor and Symphony in C has already appeared on the ROH website. Booking is on 12 March for Friends and 9 April for the general public.

Raven Girl

24, 29 mat May; 3, 8 eve June 2013: Lamb, Takada, Watson, Kay, Soares, Underwood

28, 29 eve May; 8 June mat 2013: Hamilton, Cowley, Bonelli, Campbell, Gartside, Hirano

Symphony in C

24 May 2013: Cuthbertson, Nuñez, Choe, Morera, Bonelli, Kish, McRae, Hirano

28 May 2013: Lamb, Cojocaru, Choe, Mendizabal, Hristov, Pennefather, McRae, Trzensimiech

29 mat May 2013: Cuthbertson, Nuñez, Choe, Morera, Kish, Bonelli, McRae, Cervera

29 eve May; 8 June mat 2013: Lamb, Cojocaru, Marquez, Mendizabal, Hristov, Pennefather, Campbell, Trzensimiech

3, 8 eve June 2013: Cuthbertson, Nuñez, Marquez, Morera, Bonelli, Kish, Campbell, Cervera

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How very odd that Hirano only has one scheduled performance of Symphony in C. Watson has none in the same role, I see, but that may be a reflection of the relative demands of their two roles in Raven Girl.

Incidentally, I suppose this should really go in Period 3, where it technically belongs, but the Big Screen relay this year will be Mayerling, some time in June - I haven't got the booking programme to hand.

How very odd that Hirano only has one scheduled performance of Symphony in C. Watson has none in the same role, I see, but that may be a reflection of the relative demands of their two roles in Raven Girl.

Incidentally, I suppose this should really go in Period 3, where it technically belongs, but the Big Screen relay this year will be Mayerling, some time in June - I haven't got the booking programme to hand.

Big Screen relay is on 13th June I think. I do wish they could relay it to cinemas at the same time

Well, in this case, cinemas have already had it with pretty much the same cast, so perhaps they didn't think there'd be the interest there. They did do Ondine live to cinemas when it was on the big screen 4 years ago, I think, but am not sure how that went. I know I went to Trafalgar Square rather than walk the couple of hundred yards up to Leicester Square to pay £20 or whatever for the cinema experience!

Well, in this case, cinemas have already had it with pretty much the same cast, so perhaps they didn't think there'd be the interest there. They did do Ondine live to cinemas when it was on the big screen 4 years ago, I think, but am not sure how that went. I know I went to Trafalgar Square rather than walk the couple of hundred yards up to Leicester Square to pay £20 or whatever for the cinema experience!

I don't remember Mayerling being relayed to cinemas, nor Ondine for that matter. I stand to be corrected but I do not think that many cinemas outside London or other big cities carried these, or may be not the Odeon group. Those of us who live outside London or other big centres do not have the luxury of choosing between a Big Screen relay or a cinema just up the road and quite often have only one cinema in the town even in this day and age

Mayerling certainly went to Odeons on DVD (or whatever they use) after the event, as opposed to live, because that's the only place I've seen it. And Ondine definitely went to big screens and cinemas simultaneously, although how many I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hansel & Gretel (new Scarlett in the Linbury)

Casting is Hansel, Gretel, Sandman, Witch, Mother, Father

8,10,11(e) May: Kay, Cope, McRae, Maloney, Morera, Gartside

9, 11(m) May: Ondiviela, Harrod, Thom, Yanowsky, McNally, Whitehead

Raven Girl

24, 29(m) May, 3, 8(e) June: Lamb, Takada, Watson, Kay, Soares, Underwood

28, 29(e) May, 8(m) June: Hamilton, Cowley, Bonelli, Campbell, Gartside, Hirano

Symphony in C

24, 29(m) May: Cuthbertson, Nuñez, Choe, Morera, Bonelli, Kish, McRae, Cervera

28 May, 8(m) June: Lamb, Cojocaru, Choe, Mendizabal, Hristov, Pennefather, McRae, Trzensimiech

29(e) May: Lamb, Cojocaru, Marquez, Mendizabal, Hristov, Pennefather, Campbell, Trzensimiech

3, 8(e) June: Cuthbertson, Nuñez, Marquez, Morera, Bonelli, Kish, Campbell, Cervera

Edited by bangorballetboy
corrected to include missing name in one of H&G casts

• 1 month later...

Liam Scarlett said this evening  that the music for Hansel and Gretel has been composed by Dan Jones - i.e. a specially commissioned score. He was talking about the new work during the 'Big Question' event in the Clore (Are Opera and Ballet Elitist?) 

Liam Scarlett said this evening  that the music for Hansel and Gretel has been composed by Dan Jones - i.e. a specially commissioned score. He was talking about the new work during the 'Big Question' event in the Clore (Are Opera and Ballet Elitist?) 

He also mentioned that the first time he heard the score was yesterday morning and that the short time he spent with Paul Kay and Leanne Cope yesterday evening was the first rehearsal (setting the first 20 seconds or so).

Rambert fans may recall that Dan Jones composed the music for "Slippage".

I have just tried to book seats for Hansel and Gretal as it is the first day of ballet booking for 'ordinary' Friends. No seats available and each date is listed as SOLD OUT - very annoying. I assume that available seats have been booked by other higher ranked Friends. Whether any seats have been kept back for Public Booking I don't know.

Margaret

Edited by Margaret

I have had a reply to my query about Hansel and Gretal and the Friends allocation sold out within a very short time. I suppose that is the problem with a small venue like the Linbury.

There is an allocation of seats for public booking, so I can try again. Best of luck to those who would also like to see this ballet.

Margaret

I have had a reply to my query about Hansel and Gretal and the Friends allocation sold out within a very short time. I suppose that is the problem with a small venue like the Linbury. There is an allocation of seats for public booking, so I can try again. Best of luck to those who would also like to see this ballet. Margaret

At exactly 10.00 am everything was sold out online for Hansel and Gretel except for three tickets for one of the dates, but when I clicked on "Buy" they had already gone!  However I managed to get a couple of tickets by phone - it's always worth trying the phone if you can't get anything online (but you do have to keep redialling and then wait in a long queue!).  Good luck with public booking and if all else fails keep looking at the ticket trade forum nearer the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Will only be available to Friends at this stage, I think?

Yes, Alison.  Since so many Friends were disappointed on the priority booking day, I thought it worth alerting readers to the sudden availability of tickets (however few!).  They've presumably kept 20% back for public booking on 9th April so others have a chance of getting tickets then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now it seems - for the moment (well, last night's ABT Met gala at least) - Osipova (of the RB to come) is out injured as well.

May ALL have VERY speedy recoveries.  They are much needed. 

Edited by Meunier

Just realised that, providing the staff keep tagging things as they should, this page http://www.roh.org.uk/news/tags/cast-change should have details of all ROH cast changes.  Might be worth bookmarking.

Sorry, for some reason that didn't post until now, despite my writing it this afternoon.

I can't get that link at all, Josephine: is there something wrong with it?  Anyway, despite a typo in the Dutch, that's how I read it.  ASsuming it's not a different Royal Ballet, of course.

• Like 1